This healthy cheeseburger recipe includes a low-carb wrap filled with lean beef, cheese, and all your favorite hamburger toppings. If you have time, place it on the grill for a couple minutes for that added smokey flavor.
Tonight I was in the mood for a burger. Not a turkey burger but a real juicy beef burger. The only problem was I did not want to eat it on a bun nor did I want to go over the top with calories.
Good thing I got inspired to make this absolutely scrumptious “you think this was takeout” cheeseburger wrap.
I simply cooked up some lean ground beef and seasoned with Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, mustard, and other seasonings. Then I layered the beef along with some cheese, a little mayo, ketchup, onions, and lettuce.
Then I rolled it up and enjoy. It’s so juicy and good.
This healthy cheeseburger wrap recipe is only 329 calories and the only proof I need that I can still eat the foods I want without sacrificing taste for calories.
When I first shared this recipe I made it on an indoor grill. However, I’ve made it many times since then without using a grill. So if you don’t have a grill no worries, you can simply roll it up and enjoy. It’s good with or without the grill.
It was also a huge hit with my kids. I ask my oldest “how was it?” and she said “Mommy it is better than you think.” That’s all I need to give this recipe a permanent place in my weekly menu plan. 🙂
Other cheeseburger-style recipes:
- 1 pound ground beef (I used 93/7 organic grass fed beef)
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 5 100 calorie wraps (I use Flatout Wraps)
- 5 slices american cheese (I use wegmans organic)
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- diced onions
- 1 cup of romaine lettuce
- Additional ketchup (optional)
- Mustard (optional)
- mayo (optional)
- In a medium to large skillet coated with cooking spray cook the beef on medium till almost cooked through but still a little pink (about 7-10 minutes). Break beef up as it cooks.
- Add Worcestershire, ketchup, grated parmesan, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the beef. Mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Continue cooking until beef is cooked all the way through and is no longer pink.
- In the center of the wrap place a slice of cheese and ½ cup of the beef mixture. Add tomato and lettuce. Then if you are using, and I highly recommend you do, add some ketchup, mustard, and a little mayo. Roll up and enjoy.
- If you're using a grill turn on indoor grill to 350 or you can also use a grill plan. Roll the wrap and place seam side down on grill. Once there are grill marks turn over. Grill for another 2-3 minutes then remove.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the rest of the wraps.
Reheating instructions: Take out night before or day off and thaw in the refrigerator. Warm up in microwave then follow steps 4 and 5.
Get Instant Access to the 7-Day Getting Started With Meal Prep Email Series
Are you ready to learn how to meal prep? Awesome! Sign up now for a free 7-day Getting Started Meal Prep email series that I created exclusively for email subscribers! That's you. I will teach you my favorite meal prep methods and provide lots of delicious easy recipes to get you started with weekly meal prep. You got this, I can help!