This quick and easy Healthy Buffalo Chicken Wrap includes spicy Buffalo chicken tenders, crunchy veggies, and creamy blue cheese yogurt dressing! It comes together in less than 30 minutes, making it perfect for a healthy weeknight meal.
This post contains affiliate links. I am an affiliate for Amazon Associates and other brands and earn a small commission on qualifying purchases. You’re by no means obligated to use my links but, if you do, thank you for supporting Organize Yourself Skinny.
This Healthy Buffalo chicken wrap holds a special place in my heart; it’s one of the first healthy recipes I made when I started my weight loss journey back in 2010!
Reasons You’ll Love Recipe!
- It comes together in less than 30 minutes. When it comes to easy recipes, this Buffalo chicken wrap takes the cake!
- It’s healthy, comfort food. You can eat this Buffalo chicken wrap without any guilt!
- Everyone loves it. This family-friendly dinner is one of my most requested meals.
- You can make it ahead of time. When you prepare the chicken ahead of time, this meal comes together in less than 15 minutes! I’ll give some make-ahead tips below.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – To prepare the best recipe, I start with high-quality organic chicken breasts.
- Seasoning – Whenever I make chicken recipes, I often start with a blend of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. This seasoning gives the chicken great flavor without overpowering the rest of the recipe.
- Hot sauce – We love spicy, so I add a full ½ cup of hot sauce to this recipe. However, you can customize the spice to match your taste.
- Butter – Buffalo wing sauce is prepared using butter and hot sauce. 2 tablespoons of butter is all that’s needed to create a delicious buffalo sauce for this wrap.
- Yogurt blue cheese (not pictured) – I use Marie’s yogurt blue cheese dressing. You’ll find this in the produce section of your grocery store.
- Tortilla (not picture) – I use medium size flour tortillas.
How to Make a Healthy Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Cut the chicken breasts into small strips or chicken tenders.
- Season the chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until cooked. There shouldn’t be any pink, and juices should run clear.
- Reduce the heat to low and add in the butter. After the butter melts, remove from the heat and pour in the hot sauce. Toss to coat the chicken with the Buffalo sauce.
- Spread two tablespoons of blue cheese yogurt dressing in the center of the tortilla. Add the veggies and chicken. Then roll up and enjoy.
Switch up the cheese – The blue cheese dressing adds a lot of cool creamy flavor. However, you can add extra flavor with sharp shredded cheddar, pepper jack cheese, or provolone.
Add in extra veggies – Shredded carrots, shredded cabbage, diced celery, or chopped avocado taste delicious in these spicy wraps.
Substitute ranch dressing – As someone born and raised in Buffalo, NY, it’s a sin to use ranch dressing on anything that includes Buffalo hot sauce. But, I understand not everyone enjoys the strong flavor of blue cheese. So, using ranch dressing is acceptable.
Grill the wraps – If you have a grill pan and extra time, I recommend grilling these wraps at least once. Fill the wraps with all the ingredients, substituting shredded cheese for the blue cheese, and grill until the cheese melts. Serve the blue cheese on the side to dip. So good!
If the tortillas are not large enough to hold in the ingredients when grilling, fold it over into a quesadilla and grill it that way.
Use cooked shredded chicken. These Buffalo chicken wraps come together in less than fifteen minutes when using leftover rotisserie chicken, plain shredded chicken made in the crockpot, or any basic cooked chicken.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, and then add in the shredded chicken. Cook for a few minutes until the chicken is warmed through, and then pour in the hot sauce and toss to coat. Then, assemble your wraps.
Keep it low or no carbs. Serve this wrap in a lettuce wrap or in a salad to keep the carbs down.
The chicken can be made up to 4 days ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. For maximum freshness, I recommend storing it in glass containers. These Ello glass containers are my favorite. Reheat the chicken in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, and then continue with the recipe.
You can also freeze the cooked Buffalo chicken ahead of time. Freeze in glass containers or freezer bags. To reheat, let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator, warm up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, and then continue with the recipe.
Another meal prep idea is to trim, cut, and season the chicken up to 2 days ahead of time. Then continue with the recipe on the night you’re going to cook it.
Frank’s hot sauce is the brand to choose for an authentic buffalo sauce flavor. If you can’t find Frank’s, then use your favorite hot sauce brand.
Yes, Buffalo chicken is spicy. However, you can control the spice by the amount of hot sauce used in the recipe. For a more intense flavor, then use more hot sauce.
Because Buffalo sauce includes hot sauce and butter, I wouldn’t say it’s the healthiest food you’ll ever eat.
Hot sauce doesn’t have fat and is low in calories; however, it’s high in sodium. If you’re keeping track of sodium, then use less hot sauce.
Butter does add fat and calories to Buffalo sauce. However, by reducing the amount of butter, you can lower the fat and calories.
1-2 tablespoons of butter adds silky, delicious flavor without all the added fat and calories.
There are 472 calories in this homemade Buffalo chicken wrap recipe. The calories can be higher or lower depending on the final ingredients you choose to use.
You can leave out the butter to significantly reduce the saturated fat in this recipe.
Spread creamy blue cheese or ranch dressing on the flour tortilla before rolling it up. Then, fill your Buffalo chicken wrap with lettuce, tomatoes, sliced onions, shredded carrots, or any of your favorite crunchy vegetables.
I often serve Buffalo chicken wraps with a green salad, fresh-cut veggies, roasted potatoes, or some store-bought oven-baked sweet potato fries.
When I want to keep it super easy, I’ll serve the wraps with store-bought chips or even tater tots.
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- sharp knife
- cutting board
- Large skillet
- 2 lbs skinless and boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup Frank's hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 6 medium flour tortillas
- 6 tablespoons blue cheese yogurt dressing
- tomato slices
- onion slices
- shredded lettuce
- Season the chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink, and juices run clear. This should take around 7-10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add in the butter with the chicken After the butter melts, remove the pan from the heat and pour in the hot sauce. Toss to coat the chicken with the Buffalo sauce.
- Spread two tablespoons of blue cheese yogurt dressing in the center of a tortilla. Add the vegetables and about 1/3 cup of the chicken. Repeat with the rest of the tortillas.
Storage tipsThe chicken can be made up to 4 days ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. For maximum freshness, I recommend storing it in glass containers. Reheat the chicken in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, and then continue with the recipe. You can also freeze the cooked Buffalo chicken ahead of time. Freeze in glass containers or freezer bags. To reheat, let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator, warm up in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, and then continue with the recipe. Another meal prep idea is to trim, cut, and season the chicken up to 2 days ahead of time. Then continue with the recipe on the night you’re going to cook it.
More Buffalo chicken recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Soup
- Healthy Buffalo chicken dip
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Macaroni and Cheese
- Buffalo Turkey Burgers
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders
Have you tried this Buffalo Chicken Wrap recipe? If so, I’d love for you to rate this recipe and leave a comment below. We all learn from each other’s experiences. Also, it would be awesome if you could share a picture on Instagram and tag it #organizeyourselfskinny. I can’t wait to see it!