Today I’m going to share my Honest Daily Harvest Review. Is it healthy? Is it worth the cost? Is it a good fit for my busy lifestyle? I’m going to answer all of your questions.
I’ve been a Daily Harvest customer since 2017. Every couple of months I order a box so I can have easy healthy options in the freezer. I’ve ordered everything on their menu so I’m very familiar with this organic food company and can answer any questions you have.
**This post contains affiliate links. I will receive a small commission if you decide to subscribe to Daily Harvest. However, this is my completely honest review and you’re by no means obligated to use my links. If you do, thanks so much for supporting my site.
I ordered my first Daily Harvest box back in 2017. To be honest, I didn’t know what to expect. I enjoy cooking from scratch but, let’s be real; I cook all the time! Like ALL…THE…TIME.
Not only am I cooking recipes for my blog, but my family has to eat too. So, I gave Daily Harvest a try to give me a break from preparing meals every minute of every day.
Now, I order a Daily Harvest box every one to two months so I can have individual healthy meals in the freezer that we can prepare quickly. This convenience makes it easier for me!
Today, I want to share my honest daily harvest review with you. As a long-time subscriber, I can answer all of your questions and share my experience to help you decide whether or not Daily Harvest is right for you.
Daily Harvest Coupon
Daily Harvest is offering OYS readers up to $40 off their first box. Get the deal here and use promo code OYS.
What is Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest is a vegan meal delivery service specializing in sending chef-crafted vegan frozen meals to your door.
All of the ingredients for each meal are frozen into a cup and serves 1-2 people. Depending on the cups you order, all you need to do is add a liquid and then blend, warm up, or refrigerate overnight.
Daily Harvest makes eating a healthy meal at home very easy.
Their motto is we take care of food so food can take care of you.
Reasons I Continue to Order Boxes
- Organic ingredients – 95% of the ingredients are organic. To know for sure, you can check the ingredient list on their website or the cups.
- Plant-based – All of the ingredients include fruits and vegetables. So, it’s 100% plant-based and vegan.
- Convenient – You can easily order your box using their website or app. Then everything is delivered in a sturdy insulated package right to your front door.
- Customizable – You choose the meals and snacks that go into your box.
- Freezer meals – You don’t have to worry about cooking the ingredients within a specific time frame because meals are delivered frozen.
- Taste good – My teenage daughters love Daily Harvest meals, which says a lot about the flavors. Everything tastes fresh and delicious.
- Recipe options for every meal – Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks are all available to put in your Daily Harvest box.
When you first sign up for Daily Harvest, you build your box. You can create a custom box with the selections you choose or have them fill from a selection of their best sellers.
Another thing I like about Daily Harvest is you can research the meals on their website or app.
You can read a description of the meal, get the ingredient list and nutritional information, and even read reviews.
Daily Harvest has reviews for each recipe – and they don’t censor them either. If someone writes a negative review, it stays so you can see what others experiences have been. I think this is a great feature and super helpful when putting a box together.
Once your box is full, save it, and that’s it.
You can set your subscription to get a box weekly or monthly.
If you need to make any changes or want to skip a box, that needs to be done by the date listed below the delivery date.
If you don’t skip or make changes by that date, then you get what you get. All meal kit delivery services work this way so, if you’re worried about forgetting, then set a reminder in your phone.
You can easily cancel your subscription on the settings page of your account.
Daily Harvest is definitely on the pricier side. Depending on the amount you order, each cup is between $6.99 – $8.99. Keep in mind; you do get a discount if you order a larger box. The best value is to get a box that includes 12 or 24 cups.
Each cup serves 1-2 people. However, to be real, I think each cup is more like one serving. I don’t think the servings are big enough to be shared; plus, if you’re enjoying this at work, I don’t see you sharing it with a co-worker or bringing it home for the hubs.
Also, these meals are vegan. They have protein from plant-based sources, but if you want to add your chicken or beef to a cup, you’ll need to purchase it separately from the grocery store.
With Daily Harvest, you’re paying for the convenience of having organic vegan frozen meals delivered to your door.
Yes, absolutely! Daily Harvest believes that you can’t be your best unless you are eating good healthy food. They built this business on making it easy for busy people to eat nutritious plant-based meals.
Each item is made with the highest quality ingredients and is portion-controlled.
95% of the ingredients Daily Harvest uses are organic. If you look on the ingredients list when choosing cups, you’ll see which ingredients are organic.
Who is it Good For?
- You want meals delivered but don’t want to cook. Daily Harvest provides the convenience of warming up, or blending, a healthy meal at home. Food is ready in less than 5 minutes.
- You’re single and want healthy meals that only feed one. Each cup serves 1 or 2 people. There are no leftover overs, and you only order what you need.
- You want portion-controlled pre-made meals. If you’re struggling to stick within a calorie range, subscribing to Daily Harvest could be the solution.
- You struggle to meal prep for the week. All of your nutritious meals delivered frozen and ready to eat within 5 minutes.
- You want healthy on-the-go organic meals. It doesn’t get much easier than Daily Harvest cups. All you need to do is heat or blend, add back into the cup, and go.
Who shouldn’t use it?
- You don’t see the value. If having individual frozen vegan meals sent to your home isn’t a priority, this meal service won’t work for you.
- You want meat in your meals. Daily Harvest provides vegan frozen meals. Sure, you can go to the store and purchase chicken or beef to add to your meals, but it defeats the purpose, and using another meal kit company might be better.
- You like to cook and prefer fresh ingredients. Each cup is frozen, and all you need to do is heat, blend, and go. If you don’t need this convenience, you might be better off with a different meal kit service.
My Honest Daily Harvest Review
Let’s go over one of the boxes I received.
Everything came in a sturdy, insulated cardboard box. Daily Harvest uses dry ice to keep the cups frozen during shipment and delivery.
The difference, compared to other meal delivery companies, is everything shows up frozen. So, it’s crucial to get the cups in the freezer as soon as possible. They even give a reminder sticker just in case you forget.
I’ve never had an issue with the ingredients showing up thaw.
Here are my thoughts on some of the Daily Harvest meals I’ve tried.
Daily Harvest Smoothies
The Daily Harvest Smoothies are the meals I order most often.
They offer a variety of fruit smoothies, green smoothies, and creamy, decadent smoothies. I think I’ve tried every flavor combo.
Each smoothie includes a blend of fruits, vegetables, and superfoods, so you can rest assured that you will get a nice punch of nutrition every time you drink one.
All the ingredients are chopped and ready for blending. All you need to do is dump the ingredients into a blender, add a liquid (I use almond milk), and mix.
The lid that comes with the cup has a hole in it for a straw. So, it serves as a to-go cup. After you blend the smoothie, pour it back into the cup, place the lid on and take it with you.
My favorite smoothies include:
- Carrot and cinnamon – this one was surprisingly delicious! It tasted like carrot cake to me.
- Chocolate and Hazelnut – This smoothie is so decadent! It’s thick and chocolaty and is like drinking a milkshake.
- Blueberry and chocolate. This one also is rich and chocolatey.
- Strawberry and peach smoothie – My youngest daughter loves this one. It’s sweet, refreshing, and very kid-friendly.
- Cucumber and greens – This smoothie tastes like healthy green juice. I love green smoothies and juices, so this was right up my alley.
- Banana and greens smoothie is a delicious green smoothie that is more sweet and creamy because of the banana. This smoothie would work nicely for a beginner green smoothie drinker.
- My least favorite smoothies are the cold brew varieties. I found them difficult to blend. They also had a strong coffee flavor that didn’t appeal to me.
You can prepare thicker smoothies or smoothie bowls by using less liquid.
Daily Harvest Oat Bowls
Next to the smoothie, the oat bowls are a favorite. I make overnight oat recipes all the time, so I wasn’t expecting anything out of the ordinary when I added some to my box.
But, I was blown away by the flavor.
The Cinnamon and Banana oat bowl were delicious. As I said, I’ve made overnight oats a lot but never thought to add sweet potato, cacao nib, or mushrooms in it. It was great.
The only issue is the oat bowl serves two people. So, if you plan to eat the whole cup, then make sure to account for 500 calories. But this is pretty filling, so you can easily split this up between two breakfasts.
The Mulberry and Dragon Fruit Oat Bowl is another one I like to order. It’s filled with all kinds of extras, and the flavors are great.
One of the things that caught my attention was the freshness of the fruit. The berries and fruit were super juicy.
The other oat bowls I’ve tried.
- Cherry and Dark Chocolate Oat Bowl
- Pumpkin and Chia Oat Bowl
- Apple and Cinnamon
I enjoy the oat bowls cold, but you could also warm it up on the stove or microwave.
And, just like with the other recipes, you can quickly grab this cup and eat it when you get to the office.
Daily Harvest Chia Bowls
Chia bowls are my least favorite Daily Harvest bowl, which is kind of weird because I love adding chia seeds to my smoothies and other recipes.
However, I don’t like when chia seeds are the main ingredient in a recipe. So, this is just a personal preference.
I will say these could work if you want a healthy decadent dessert option because they do have a pudding texture and rich flavor.
Daily Harvest Harvest Bowls and Soups
I always add some harvest bowls and soups to our box. With working from home, these come in super handy for a quick healthy lunch. I’ve tried all the different varieties. Each one has excellent flavor and is surprisingly filling.
My favorites bowls and soups are:
- Broccoli and cheeze Harvest Bowl – It tastes like broccoli and cheese soup. This one is my oldest daughter’s favorite.
- Brussel Sprouts and Tahini Harvest Bowl – I love this one! The flavor is so good. I’ll eat it with a pita or some crackers.
- Quinoa and Chipotle Harvest Bowl – This has a spicier flavor and goes great with corn tortilla chips.
- Cauliflower rice and pesto bowl – My youngest is a huge pesto fan, so this bowl is her favorite.
- Lentil and Mesquite Chili Soup – This chili has good flavor and is filling.
Daily Harvest Lattes
I don’t order the lattes often because the other bowls suit my needs better.
However, I’ve tried the Chaga and Chocolate Latte along with the Coffee and Almond Latte, and both were delicious. It’s like a healthy hot chocolate or cafe mocha.
Daily Harvest Scoops
Daily Harvest Scoops is their version of vegan ice cream. We tried three varieties and thought each one was delicious.
- My favorite was the Oooy Gooey Midnight Fudge! It’s rich and delicious!
- The Rich Berry Compote was refreshing and had a tasty coconut flavor.
- The Sticky Sweet Salted Caramel was creamy and so goo1d!
If you’re looking for vegan ice cream then give the Daily Harvest Scoops a try.
Other Daily Harvest Offerings
Daily Harvest has introduced energy bites, and flatbreads within the last year. I haven’t tried these yet, but I have them all scheduled for my next box.
Each one looks delicious! Since my kids are at home doing virtual learning, these flatbreads will be perfect for lunches during the school day. My husband and I enjoy energy bites, so I look forward to testing those out during snack time.
And, of course, we are all ready to dig into the scoops!
I’ll update my Daily Harvest Review after we give these new items a try!
Is Daily Harvest Worth the Money?
Yes, I think Daily Harvest is definitely worth the money. Between the convenience, organic high-quality ingredients, and reasonable prices, it’s a great fit for busy people who need fast, healthy food.
If you’re on the fence about whether or not to give Daily Harvest a try, I hope you found my Daily Harvest review helpful.
Are you ready to give Daily Harvest a try? If so, get up to $40 off your first box. Get the promo here.