This mini meatloaf recipe is baked on a sheet pan alongside potatoes and veggies to make for a quick and delicious weeknight dinner! You can make this mini meatloaf with ground beef or ground turkey- so you have options. Either way, you’ll get a healthy filling dinner that’s portioned-out for the perfect serving!
I’m no stranger to meatloaf.
You’ll see it quite often on my weekly meal plan as I prepare it quite a bit for my family. Meatloaf is a favorite because it’s so easy to throw together, can be made ahead of time, is delicious, and everyone eats it. I tend to make it with ground turkey to keep it lean and low-fat!
Some of my favorite meatloaf recipes are:
I have so many more recipes to choose from but those are the 3 my family requests the most.
Why My Family Loves Mini Meatloaf Recipes
When I started to make meatloaf, I’d prepare the classic cooking method of just making a big loaf and cutting it into slices. I do still prepare it this way but within the last year, I’ve found myself preparing mini meatloaf recipes.
The reasons we love mini meatloaf recipes:
- I can cook them on a sheet pan with potatoes and veggies to make a one-pan meal. This is honestly the number one reason I make mini meatloaves. I’m all about easy and quick, especially during the busy workweek. When I make mini meatloaves, I don’t have to dirty up numerous pans.
- Shorter cooking time. When I cook a meatloaf using a classic cooking method, it will be in the oven for over an hour. During the week, I don’t have time for that. Mini meatloaf recipes shave about ½ hour off the cooking time.
- Portion-control. When I prepare a mini meatloaf recipe, I know what the portion and nutritional information ahead of time. This helps me stay on track with my calories.
- Easy to freeze. Even whole meatloaf recipes are easy to freeze – you can see my freezing meatloaf instructions here. However, mini meatloaf recipes are even easier to freeze, thaw, and cook.
Frequently Asked Questions About Mini Meatloaves
Before I jump into this recipe, I want to go over some questions…
Can any meatloaf recipe be turned into a mini meatloaf recipe?
It sure can! The only difference is the cooking time. All you need to do is prepare the ingredients and then form into 4-6 mini meatloaves.
The bigger the meatloaf recipe, the more mini meatloaves you’ll get. In my experience, 1lb of ground beef or turkey will get me 4 meatloaf portions. If I try to make more mini meatloaves using 1lb of ground meat, the portions will be a lot smaller. For my family, 4 portions work out well.
If I need more portions, then I’ll use a recipe that calls for 2lbs of ground meat or I’ll double the recipe.
How long does it take to cook a mini meatloaf?
With a recipe that makes 4 portions from 1lb of ground meat, I’ll cook the loaves for 35-40 in a 375-degree oven. If you make smaller portions, then those will cook between 20 – 25 minutes at 375 degrees.
If you’re unsure the meatloaves are cooked enough, then I suggest investing in a meat thermometer. Ground beef should be at 160 degrees to be considered well done or fully cooked. Ground turkey should be at 165 degrees.
Is mini meatloaf healthy?
Of course, it all depends on the ingredients you add to the meatloaf recipe but in general, mini meatloaves are healthy and can easily be a part of any eating style.
If you’re low-carb, keto, paleo, or Whole30, then mini meatloaf would be a great option to add to your meal plans. Even if you’re just watching calories then making these portion-controlled meatloaves will keep you on track!
What else can I put on the sheet pan with mini meatloaf?
The recipe I’m sharing cooks for 40 minutes in a 375-degree oven so using vegetables that are on the heartier side works best for this recipe.
- Sweet potatoes
- Butter potatoes
- Brussel sprouts
- Green beans
Supplies Needed For Mini Meatloaf Recipes
These are some of the supplies I recommend using when making this dinner recipe:
- Glass mixing bowls – I love this cheap set by Pyrex.
- Sheet pans – I own these Nordic Ware sheet pans.
- Meat thermometer – This one works great to make sure that you’re cooking the meat completely.
- Glass meal prep containers – if you plan to make this recipe ahead of time then these Ello meal prep containers work fantastic for storing the food all week.
Mini Meatloaf Recipe With Veggies
Alright, let’s get to this recipe! Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make mini meatloaves:
- Ground beef
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Parmesan cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Baby butter potatoes
- Broccoli florets
- Olive oil
Note: Grab the exact measurements for all of these ingredients in the recipe card below
How To Cook Mini Meatloaves On A Sheet Pan
For this mini meatloaf recipe, I decided to do a variation of my popular cheeseburger meatloaf recipe.
Make A Panade
The first thing I do with any ground beef or ground turkey meatloaf (or meatball recipe) starts with a panade which is a paste you make by mixing together milk and bread. This is my secret or “not so secret” tip for preparing the juiciest meatloaf or meatballs.
If you struggle with dry meatloaf, then try out a panade- I’m telling you it’s magic.
Mix All The Ingredients Together
Then, I add the rest of the meatloaf ingredients into the bowl.
So for this recipe, it includes all the spices, egg, shredded cheese, and grated parmesan cheese. I add 1/2 of the ketchup and mustard mixture. The rest is used for the top of the mini meatloaves!
Form The Mini Meatloaves
Using your hands, mix everything together until all of the ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the meat. Divide the mixture into 4 portions and then put onto a sheet pan. Spread the rest of the ketchup and mustard mixture evenly on top of the meatloaf minis.
Prep The Veggies
Next, I get the veggies ready. Start by cutting the florets into bite-size pieces and then cut the baby potatoes into halves or quarters. I prep both separately with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt and pepper.
I add them both to the sheet pan with the meatloaf minis.
Cook Everything On The Sheet Pan
Then, I put the pan into a 375-degree oven and cook for 35 – 40 minutes or until the meatloaf minis are cooked through and veggies are roasted.
I either divide the sheet pan into 4 dinners to feed my family or I’ll put it into 4 meal prep bowls to heat and eat for dinner throughout the week.
How To Meal Prep Mini Meatloaf Recipe
Meatloaf is one of the best recipes for meal prep. Just about every recipe I’ve made tastes great made ahead of time.
Here are 2 ways I meal prep mini meatloaf:
- Assemble the ingredients and prepare the mini meatloaves ahead of time. You can store the uncooked meatloaves on the sheet pan, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerator. If you don’t have that kind of room in your refrigerator, then you can store the meatloaves in glass meal prep containers. Or, you can simply store them on a plate and cover them with plastic wrap or foil. When you’re ready to cook them, just continue with the recipe.
- Cook ahead of time and then heat and eat during the week. This is the way I cook ahead meatloaf most often. Meatloaf is a recipe that reheats great so, if I have time on meal prep day, I’ll make it then. I will also cook the veggies ahead of time to store alongside the meatloaf to make individual meal prep bowls to heat and eat all week for lunch and/or dinner.
Regardless of which way you decide to go, it’s going to be faster than cooking a full-size meatloaf.
How To Store And Freeze Mini Meatloaves
Freezing mini meatloaf is basically the same as freezing whole meatloaf recipes.
- Mix the ingredients together and assemble the mini meatloaves.
- Then, place the meatloaves onto a sheet pan and flash freeze. Individually wrap the meatloaves in plastic wrap and foil, stick into a large freezer bag, label, and freeze.
- When you’re ready to eat, then remove the meatloaves from the freezer the night before and let the loaves thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Remove the wrapping and continue with the recipe. If the meatloaves are still frozen a little, you’ll need to add more cooking time.
How To Cook Frozen Meatloaf
Mini meatloaves can also be cooked from frozen.
- Again, remove the wrapping, place mini meatloaves onto a sheet pan, and continue with the recipe.
- You’ll need to add an extra 10 -15 minutes to cooking time. For beef to be cooked through, the internal temp should be 160 degrees. Turkey meatloaf should be 165 degrees.
More Sheet Pan Recipes
This mini meatloaf recipe is one of my favorite sheet pan dinners to make for an easy weeknight meal. It takes minimal effort but tastes like you’ve been cooking all day!
If you are looking for a couple of more sheet pan dinner recipes, take a look at this list:
- Sheet Pan Nachos With Ground Turkey
- Steak Sheet Pan Fajitas
- One Pan Chicken And Veggies
- Healthy Baked Chicken Fajitas On A Sheet Pan
- Healthy Sheet Pan Sausage And Veggies
Mini meatloaf and Veggies (sheet pan dinner)
- 1 slice bread
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb baby potato butter potatoes halved
- 3 cups broccoli florets cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together milk and bread until a paste is formed.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup and mustard.
- Then in the bowl, with the milk and bread paste, add the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, egg, and half of the ketchup mustard mixture. Mix all of the ingredients until everything is evenly distributed throughout the meat. Form into four loaves and place onto a sheet pan coated with cooking spray. Spread the remaining ketchup and mustard mixture evenly onto the top of the meatloaves.
- In another medium bowl, mix together the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place onto the sheet pan next to the meatloaf.
- In the same medium bowl as the potatoes, mix together broccoli florets and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Place on the sheet pan next to the potatoes.
- Cook for 40 minutes or until meatloaves are cooked completely and veggies are roasted.
- Serve immediately or store in glass meal prep containers for dinner throughout the week.