All the flavors of chicken fajitas created into a simple low-carb sheet pan dinner!
This past year I discovered sheet pan dinners and never looked back. There’s so much I love about them I don’t even know where to start. For one, sheet pan dinners are super easy to throw together. Basically just spread out some meat and vegetables onto a large baking sheet, drizzle some olive oil over top, and bake for about 30 -45 minutes depending on the ingredients. Sheet pan dinner make for an easy healthy weeknight meal.
I also love making sheet pan dinners on meal prep day because you can prepare a bunch of food and then portion it out for lunches or dinner during the week. That’s exactly what I did with this beyond easy sheet pan chicken fajita recipe. Actually, I don’t even know how I feel about calling it a recipe because it’s so simple. Oh well, I know you love easy, and I’m here to give you want you want.
Let’s go over this recipe.
All I did was slice up 2 red bell peppers and 1 large white onion. Then I cut 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breasts into strips and mixed it in a bowl with the vegetables, 3 tablespoons olive oil, and 1 packet Simply Organic Southwest Taco Seasoning. You can use any favorite taco seasoning or make your own. I’ve used Simply Organic seasonings for a long time and that’s the one I stick with.
Just mix it around until all of the ingredients are coated with olive oil and seasoning. At this point you could store in the refrigerator for a couple days if you wanted to prep this ahead of time.
Next I spread the fajita ingredients onto a large baking sheet and cooked for 40 – 45 minutes in a 370 degree oven or until the chicken is no longer pink and the juices run clear. See, I told you this was easy.
After it was done cooking I sprinkled some salt over the top and then squeeze on lime juice. I finished it with chopped tomato and cilantro. This would be delicious with avocado, salsa, and whatever fajita condiment you can think of.
I ate this with a salad and absolutely loved it! The flavors were great. You can enjoy this with tortillas, taco shells, over rice or quinoa, or just as is.
Like I said earlier, I enjoy making sheet pan dinners on meal prep day and that’s what I did with this chicken fajita recipe. After it was cooked and slightly cooled I place the chicken and vegetables in a glass pyrex dish and enjoyed this all week for lunch or dinner.
If you’re looking for a healthy sheet pan dinner recipe then I recommend putting this chicken fajita recipe on your meal plan soon.
- 1.5 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 2 red bell peppers seeds removed and cut into strips
- 1 large white onion halved and sliced
- 1 1.13 ounce Simply Organic Southwest Taco Seasoning Packet
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional* tomatoes salsa, avocado, sour cream, and other fajita condiments.
- Preheat oven to 370 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix together chicken breasts, red bell peppers, onions, seasoning packet, and olive oil.
- Spread ingredients onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink on the inside and juices run clear.
- Season with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Use more if needed.
- Squeeze lime juice over the top of the chicken and vegetables.
- Garnish and enjoy with your favorite fajita condiments.
The ingredients for this meal can be prepped 2-3 days ahead of time. Continue with instructions when you're ready to prepare the rest of the recipe. Also, you can make this completely ahead of time and store in the refrigerator up to 5 days.