I have a new favorite breakfast everyone! Overnight oats made with blueberries, coconut milk, almond extract, and sprinkle with some sliced raw almonds and shredded coconut. Oh my! Actually, I could probably eat this for lunch to and even dinner – especially on a hot humid Buffalo, NY summer day.
You might remember I made a cherry flax overnight oats recipe a couple weeks ago. That was my first attempt at overnight oats and was pleasantly surprised at how good they were. Was not sure if I would like cold oats but I did. I do let it sit on the counter for about 15-20 minutes to take the chill off just a bit but honestly these are great right out the fridge.
The sliced almonds and shredded coconut I added the right before I ate the oatmeal. It gave a fantastic texture and crunch that kept me going back for more and more. I think I ate this oatmeal in record time. It was so good.
I used frozen blueberries for this new overnight oats recipe but fresh blueberries would be fine too. Please note that as you stir the blueberries into the oats and coconut milk the oatmeal will turn a blue purple color but no fear it does not effect the taste at all. If anything it makes it better because you know all the blueberry goodness is mixed all in.
I flavored the oatmeal with a little pure almond extract, cinnamon, and pure maple syrup. YUM! If you are an overnight oats fan then add this recipe to your next menu plan. You will love it.
Blueberry, Almond, and Coconut Overnight Oats Oatmeal in a JarPrint Pin Rate
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/8 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- small tiny pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon shredded coconut
- 1/2 tablespoon sliced almonds
- In a pint size glass mason jar add oats, coconut milk, blueberries, almond extract, cinnamon, maple syrup, and salt. Stir until combine. Put lid on a store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut and almonds.
- Stir and enjoy.
These overnight oats can be made 2-3 days ahead of time.