Turkey meatball subs have become a staple dish in my household because this is one healthy meal I know my kids will eat without a fight. Also, it is a simple recipe that is a cinch to prepare and freeze ahead of time making it the perfect meal for a busy weeknight.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- ½ tablespoon dried basil
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoons garlic salt
- ¼ fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup whole grain bread crumbs
- 1 24 ounce jar of sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 package (8 count) whole wheat hot dog buns
- Preheat oven to 375
- Combine first 9 ingredients in bowl and mix together well.
- Roll 20 to 24 small meatballs. About 1½ to 2 inches wide. Place on foil line pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven and place together with sauce on the stove. Cook until sauce is warm.
- Turn broiler on. To prepare the subs place 3 meatballs in each hot dog roll and add 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese to each. Arrange all the subs on pan and place under the broiler till cheese is melted.
Get Instant Access to My Best Weight Loss Tips & Strategies!
Sign up now for a free step-by-step 7-day email course that I created exclusively for my email subscribers! That's you. I will teach the best habits, strategies, and insider tips so you can enjoy a lifestyle that encourages and supports weight loss! Stop relying on willpower and take control back over your life! You can do this. Let me help!