Tonight I was in the mood for a burger. Not a turkey burger but a real juicy beef burger. The only problem was I did not want to eat it on a bun nor did I want to go over the top with calories.
Good thing I got inspired to make this absolutely scrumptious “you think this was takeout” grilled cheeseburger wrap. This wrap, at only 329 calories, is all the proof I need that I can still eat the foods I want without sacrificing taste for calories.
It was also a huge hit with my husband and kids. I ask my oldest “how was it?” and she said “Mommy it is better than you think.” That is all I need to give this recipe a permanent place in my weekly menu plan. 🙂
I know your family is going to love it just as much as mine.
- 1 pound ground beef (I used 93/7 organic grass fed beef)
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 5 100 calorie wraps (I use Flatout Wraps)
- 5 slices american cheese (I use wegmans organic)
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup of romaine lettuce
- Additional ketchup (optional)
- Mustard (opti0nal)
- In a medium to large skillet coated with cooking spray cook the beef on medium till almost cooked through but still a little pink (about 7-10 minutes). Break beef up as it cooks.
- Add worcestershire, ketchup, grated parmesan, dried onion flakes, salt, and pepper to the beef. Mix together until thoroughly combined.
- Continue cooking until beef is cooked all the way through and is no longer pink.
- Turn on indoor grill to 350 or you can also use a grill plan.
- In the center of the wrap place a slice of cheese and ½ cup of the beef mixture. Add tomato and lettuce. Then if you are using , and I highly recommend you do, add some ketchup and mustard.
- Roll the wrap and place seam side down on grill. Once there are nice grill marks turn over. Grill for another 2-3 minutes then remove.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the rest of the wraps.
Reheating instructions: Take out night before or day off and thaw in the refrigerator. Warm up in microwave then follow steps 4 and 5.
Special note: I love using my indoor grill to make these wraps. However, if you don’t have one that is fine. You can still enjoy these wraps without grilling them. I do not recommend using an outdoor grill because if the wraps come apart a little they may be hard to manage.
Get Instant Access to My Best Weight Loss Tips & Strategies!
Sign up now for a free step-by-step 7-day email course that I created exclusively for my email subscribers! That's you. I will teach the best habits, strategies, and insider tips so you can enjoy a lifestyle that encourages and supports weight loss! Stop relying on willpower and take control back over your life! You can do this. Let me help!