I have another baked oatmeal cup recipe for you. My plan was to share this later in the week but I keep getting LOTS of emails asking for the recipe so your wish is my command. I will share this recipe today.
This recipe was inspired by a lot of overly ripe bananas sitting on my counter. I know groundbreaking. Most of them I froze for smoothies but decided to keep a couple out for because I had the urge to make a banana recipe. At first I thought banana bread. But then I thought if I make banana bread we will eat that loaf by the end of the day and I wanted to make something that would last a little longer than that. I also thought breakfast cookies but again those would be gone by the end of the day. My kids can’t resist any cookie and quite frankly neither can I. Then my recipe light bulb went off. Banana and chocolate chip baked oatmeal! My kids love baked oatmeal but for some reason they know this is just a breakfast food so they don’t inhale it all in one sitting.
This baked oatmeal recipe is scrumptious! It definitely has the flavors of banana bread and a breakfast cookie wrapped up in a wholesome baked oatmeal cup.
If you prefer video over picture instructions then check out this quick recipe tutorial I put together on this banana and chocolate chip baked oatmeal recipe.
I used two ripe medium bananas for this recipe. When I mashed them up they equaled about 1 cup.
The chocolate chips are obviously a treat, especially for breakfast. If you want to leave them out then go ahead. However, there is only ½ cup in the recipe so if you need a little chocolate fix then throw some in. Go ahead and throw them in, you will be happy you did.
Just like my other baked oatmeal cup recipes these freeze wonderfully. After they are cooled wrap individually in plastic wrap then place in a large freezer bag. I warm mine up in the microwave for 2 minutes on high. I recommend heating up along side a coffee mug of water. This little freezer cooking tip will keep the texture of the baked oatmeal cup soft and moist.
The banana and pure maple syrup in the recipe adds a good amount of sweetness. But if you want more then pour a little extra maple syrup over the top before you eat it.
Each baked oatmeal cup is 202 calories and 6 weight watchers points plus.
Some readers ask about the type of muffin pan I use and recommend. I like this Wilton 12 Cup Muffin Pan. It’s inexpensive, a #1 best seller on Amazon, and has good reviews.
- 3 cups rolled oats or old fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed banana, 2 bananas
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup 1% milk
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl combine the rolled oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Crack the 2 eggs into another medium bowl. Whisk together with the maple syrup, mashed banana, and vanilla extract till the ingredients are combined and smooth.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and coconut oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until all the oats are covered and moistened.
- Slowly stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray then divide the oatmeal mixture among the 12 muffins tins. Press the mixture down with a spoon so all the oats are covered in liquid.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the tops are slightly brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy with a little pure maple syrup.
Bake oatmeal cups completely and let cool. Then wrap each one individually in plastic wrap, place in a freezer bag, and freeze. Warm up in the microwave. First, remove plastic wrap. Then place on a microwave safe dish and heat up for 2 minutes on high. Put a coffee mug of water in while it heats up. This keeps it from drying out.
Baked oatmeal cups are perfect to make on meal prep day so you can have a healthy breakfast all week. Meal prep is my #1 weight loss strategy. If you are ready to start your weight loss journey and want to learn about my other strategies, tips, and secrets then check out my ebook Organize Yourself Skinny. I even provide a bonus 4-week make-ahead meal with more delicious recipes like this!
Get Instant Access to My Best Meal Prep Tips & 20 Delicious Make-ahead Recipes!
Sign up now to receive your FREE ecookbook that I created exclusively for my email subscribers! That's you!