This triple berry smoothie is a delicious classic smoothie recipe that’ll have you feeling amazing all day! It’s packed with fiber, protein, antioxidants, omega 3’s, and other nutrients to create a nutritional powerhouse.
This post contains affiliate links. I am an affiliate for Amazon Associates and other brands and earn a small commission on qualifying purchases. You’re by no means obligated to use my links but, if you do, thank you for supporting Organize Yourself Skinny.
It’s no secret that I’m a huge smoothie fan, especially since turning 40. Drinking a daily smoothie helps manage headaches, stomach issues, skin issues, and anything else mid-life hormones decide to throw my direction.
Of course, there’s an endless variety of healthy smoothie recipes. We love this blueberry smoothie, blueberry kale smoothie, and detox smoothie, but this classic triple berry smoothie is a favorite. I
Reasons You’ll Love This Recipe
- Super easy to make. Throw all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. That’s it.
- Ingredients are easy to find. Most major grocery stores carry a frozen bag of triple berry blend.
- Kids love this smoothie. Out of all the smoothies I make this one is the most requested by my girls.
- Add in superfoods. One of the best things about smoothies is you can fill them with all kinds of superfoods and nobody will know the difference.
- You’ll feel amazing. Smoothies can truly be a game-changer. Drinking a daily smoothie can help with focus, energy, and weight management. Smoothies are also known to create glowing beautiful skin!
- Can be made ahead of time. All the ingredients can be thrown into a freezer smoothie kit or blended and kept in the refrigerator. I’ll give more meal prep tips below.
Frozen mixed berry blend – this blend includes blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. Really, any combination of berries can be used.
I used a blend of blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries because that what’s in the frozen bags I get purchase. However, you can use any blend of strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries.
½ of a ripe banana – adds additional sweetness and a creamy texture. I like to keep a bag of frozen bananas in the freezer for smoothies.
Almond milk – Coconut milk, or other non-dairy milks, can be used.
Chia seeds – This superfood adds fiber, protein, and omega 3 fatty acids.
- A powerful blender – I’ve owned a Vitamix for over 7 years and love it. If you want a cheaper option than Ninjas also work great for smoothies. Check out my best blenders for smoothies post for more options.
- Mason jars and plastic lids – Smoothies store nicely in mason jars.
- Reuseable straws – These are my favorite reusable straws.
- A bottle brush – a bottle brush helps to clean leftover smoothie from the blender base and mason jars.
How to Make a Triple Berry Smoothie
- Add the berries, banana, almond milk, and chia seeds to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Blend in 1 – 1 ¼ cups of water until the desired consistency is reached.
Meal Prep Tips
This triple berry smoothie is easy to make the morning you want to have one.
However, if you don’t want to break out the smoothie every day then you can make a triple batch and store the smoothies in the refrigerator using mason jars.
The consistency will change some but the flavor will stay the same.
My favorite way to assure I always have smoothie ingredients available is to prepare smoothie freezer kits. To make a triple berry smoothie kit add the frozen berries, banana, and chia seeds to a quart-sized freezer bag.
When you’re ready to make the smoothie then add the contents of the kit into the blender, add the almond milk, and blend.
- Can use frozen berries or fresh berries. Frozen berries will create a cold refreshing smoothie that has a slushy texture. If using fresh berries then add in 1-2 cups of ice to get a cold thick smoothie.
- Any non-dairy creamer will work. Unsweetened almond and coconut milk are the two non-dairy milks I use in this triple berry smoothie recipe. However, any non-dairy milk will work.
- Add greek yogurt. This will add more protein and a creamy texture to your smoothie. If you want to keep this smoothie vegan then use a non-dairy yogurt.
- Add in your favorite superfoods. Chia seeds, ground flaxseeds, hemp hearts, and coconut milk are all superfoods I like to blend into smoothies.
- Throw in some greens. A large handful of spinach, kale, or other greens will easily turn this into a tasty green smoothie recipe.
- Add in pure vanilla extract for added flavor. ¼ – ½ of a teaspoon gives a subtle vanilla flavor to the smoothie.
- Use pure maple syrup or honey for sweetness. The ripe banana should give enough sweetness to this triple berry smoothie recipe but if more is needed then add 1-2 teaspoons of pure maple syrup or honey.
- If you want to detox, leave the dairy out. Dairy milk will work as a liquid base for this recipe but dairy is hard on digestion and will interfere with the detoxifying effects of the smoothie. My recommendation, if you want to detox with this smoothie, then keep the smoothie vegan by using non-dairy milk and yogurt.
- Use organic ingredients. To keep this smoothie recipe clean I recommend purchasing organic ingredients, especially organic berries. Conventional berries often contain more pesticides than other fruits so purchase organic if possible.
- Purchase large bags of organic frozen berries at wholesale clubs. The best prices I’ve found for bulk organic berries are at Wholesale clubs like Costco, BJ’s Wholesale, and Sam’s Club.
Triple Berry Smoothie
- High-speed Blender
- 1 cup Frozen mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 1/2 of a ripe banana fresh or frozen
- 1 cup Unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 – 1 1/4 cup filtered water
- Place the frozen berries, banana, non-dairy milk, and chia seeds into a blender and blend.
- Add in the water until the desired consistency is reached.
- Pour into a glass and serve.