This week officially marks the start of the holiday season for me. Both of my sisters and little nephew are flying into town tomorrow and I can’t wait. My girls are already going crazy to see their cousin Sammy.
This last month or so I have struggle with my weight a little so I know I will need laser focus if I want to keep the scale under control. Don’t get me wrong I will certainly enjoy all the goodies my mom covers the kitchen table with but I will do so in moderation. At least I am going to try really really really hard to! I am also going to make it #1 priority to get my butt on the treadmill EVERY SINGLE MORNING!
Speaking of scale, lets get to my weigh in.
I lost 2.5lbs! Yay!! I was so happy to see that when I stepped on the scale this morning. It just goes to show that when I take the time to be intentional with my food (food prep and tracking) and focused with exercise then I will reap the rewards. Not only did I lose weight but I felt awesome. I had a lot more energy and felt more attentive as I worked and went throughout my day. Starting my morning with exercise is key for me. I wrote a post about starting a morning exercise routine this past Friday. If you missed it read it here.
Here is my exercise routine for this week.
Monday – Friday
Treadmill 45 minutes (10 minutes warm up, 20 minute run, 10 minute powerwalk on incline, 5 minute cool down)
Here are some other cardio ideas:
2 (60 second) planks
See more core exercises here.
16 bicep curls with resistant bands
16 tricep extensions with 5lb weights
See more arm exercises here.
Legs and Butt
See more leg and butt exercises here.
My meal plan
This week’s meal plan is going to be all about using up what I have in my pantry, refrigerator, and freezer. I will still pick up some fresh ingredients but almost everything I need is right in my kitchen.
Here is my meal plan on Plan to Eat. If you are a subscriber of their meal planning service you can easily create grocery lists based on this meal plan or any meal plan you create. Make sure to friend me so you have access to all my recipes and meal plans. My username is organizeyourselfskinny.
Make ahead tips
- I will make my green smoothies the morning of. If you have questions about green smoothies then read my green smoothie tutorial.
- I made a big batch of steel cut oats today. This is more for my husband and kids. I only eat them if I need a break from my smoothie.
Make ahead tips
- I made the overnight oats today.
- Rollups will be made the day I eat them.
¼ cup raw almonds
Make ahead tips
- I have a few more bags of almonds prepared. Will have to prep more next weekend.
Steak Fajita Pizzas
Make Ahead tips
- The buffalo chicken and Cajun chicken pasta is already prepare and in the freezer.
- Cheeseburger filling will be made tomorrow.
- Fajitas will be prepped for the slow cooker tomorrow night for Tuesday. I will save some of the steak for pizzas on Friday night.
That is what’s on my meal plan this week. If you need some assistance with meal planning check out my new meal planning services resource page I put together.
What’s on your meal plan?