A couple weeks ago I promised you that I would start posting more dessert recipes. Well I am keeping up on that promise because today I have one of the most delicious lightened up dessert recipes I ever prepared. No joke these No-Bake Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Jars are absolutely AMAZING. Plus, not sure if you missed when I said they are “no bake” making them super easy to prepare and perfect for the hot summer months.
Obviously by now you know I am borderline obsessed with mason jars. I can’t help it! These glass jars make the perfect portion controlled containers. I use them for mason jar salads, make-ahead freezer smoothies, make-ahead yogurt parfaits, overnight oats, and now I can check mason jar dessert recipe off my list. Funny thing is I really don’t have a list like that. It’s kind of like whatever pops into my head. Pretty cool these yummy cheesecake jars found their way into my brain.
I truly believe dessert can and should be a part of a healthy diet. It all comes down to planning, portion control, and using quality ingredients. Of course a dessert is still a dessert but when you make it homemade you control the ingredients. I did my best to find organic quality ingredients for this recipe.
I used low-fat cream cheese, Greek yogurt, organic sugar, pure vanilla extract, organic vanilla wafer cookies, truwhip natural whipped topping, organic strawberries, organic lemon, organic strawberries, and organic butter.
The first thing I did was process the vanilla wafer cookies into crumbs for the “crust”. If you don’t have a food processor this is a good one.
They should look like this.
Then I poured the melted butter into the crumb mixture and processed it for about 3-5 seconds or until the crumbs started to stick together and look a little crumbly.
I placed about 2 tablespoons of the crumb mixture into the bottom of the jars. Then I pressed it down with a spoon. I used a cookie scoop for this step and found it to be very helpful.
I should mention that I used 8-ounce mason jars for this recipe. I found them to be the perfect size and I was able to get 8 desserts using this size.
Then place the jars into the refrigerator while I made the cheesecake mixture. This gives it a few moments to firm up.
Let’s talk about this creamy, tasty, and oh so good no-bake cheesecake mixture. It is so easy to make. All you do is combine the softened cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and sugar.
I used a hand mixer to do this but I am sure you can throw this into a stand mixer too. Whatever mixer you use beat it until the ingredients are smooth and silky. Then add the vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest and mix a little more.
Then fold in the whipped topping. It will look like a fluffy mouse. Mmmmmm
Now, slowly fold in the strawberries. I used about 1 1/2 cups of strawberries for this part. You don’t need to put strawberries into the cream cheese mixture but I thought it would be a nice touch.
Now we are ready to layer.
There is no rhyme or reason to layering. I put about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese mixture in the jars, layered some strawberries in, and then divided the rest of the cream cheese mixture among the jars. I topped the jars with a little of the crumb mixture and the rest of the strawberries. I used up all the ingredients expect the crumb mixture. I still had quite a bit leftover so I put it in a plastic bag and froze it for future desserts. Because of this I figure the nutritional information using about 3/4 of the crumb mixture.
Here is what my layers ended up looking like. Delish!
These strawberry lemon cheesecake jars are scrumptious. They have all the flavors of a cheesecake layered into a perfect portion controlled jar. Each jar is 269 calories and 7 weight watchers points plus.
- 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 ½ cups whipped topping (I use Truwhip)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8-ounce package vanilla wafers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups hulled and quartered strawberries
- Place the vanilla wafers into a food processor and process cookies till they become fine crumbs. Pour in the melted butter and process the crumbs for about 3-5 seconds. The crumb mixture will start to look a little clumpy.
- Measure out about 2 tablespoons of crumb mixture into the bottom of each mason jar. Using a spoon press down the crumb mixture, slightly. It is okay if it is not packed down.
- Place the jars into the refrigerator to firm up while you make the cheesecake mixture.
- In a medium to large mixing bowl place the softened cream cheese, greek yogurt, and sugar. Using a hand mixer blend on medium speed beat the ingredients until they are blended, smooth, and creamy. Add in the vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Blend for another 30 seconds or until all the ingredients are blended.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping and 1 cup strawberries into the cream cheese mixture.
- Take the jars out of the refrigerator. Spoon about 2 – 3 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture into each of the jars. Next, layer about 2- 3 tablespoons of the strawberries between the jars. Divide the rest of the cream cheese among the jars – this equals about 1 tablespoon in each jar. Divide the rest of the strawberries among the jars.
- Place lids onto the jars and refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight. Serve cold.
Get Instant Access to My Best Weight Loss Tips & Strategies!
Sign up now for a free step-by-step 7-day email course that I created exclusively for my email subscribers! That's you. I will teach the best habits, strategies, and insider tips so you can enjoy a lifestyle that encourages and supports weight loss! Stop relying on willpower and take control back over your life! You can do this. Let me help!