Christmas is officially 3 days away! I don’t feel ready at all – not one bit. Every year I promise myself that I will get shopping done ahead of time, along with everything else I need to do, and every year I am rushing right down to the last second. Why do I torture myself? Next year, I will be prepared for the holidays – mark my words!
In the midst of running around like a crazy person this past week something occurred to me – actually it stopped me in my tracks – my mom always made Christmas time look so easy when we were kids. She still does. Seriously, there are 4 of us and we were not angels. We’re still not. My mom worked full-time outside the home, put up with 4 kids, fed us good food for every meal, kept the house spotless, and always made sure all of us had what we needed. And no matter how busy she was my mom always made sure our house looked like a winter wonderland complete with tons of presents under the tree Christmas morning. She still does. To this day my siblings and I still get presents from Santa. Thanks Mom! She embodies the true spirit of Christmas. This is something I need to keep in mind and be intentional with as I go into this week. It is a priority that my girls look back on me the same way I look back on my own mom. I am responsible for that and need to make sure that happens – just like my mom did for me.
My mom is the little Italian lady to the left of me in this picture. The others are my sisters and our kiddos.
Let’s get right to my exercise schedule. There is no weigh in this week. Sorry, but I forgot to step on the scale yesterday morning. I need to schedule that into my phone because like everything else – if it’s not in my calendar it does not exist.
On a positive note I did great with exercise last week. I followed through with my morning exercise routine 4 times. I think it really helped that I put this article together the week before. It kept exercise on the brain for me and I plan to keep the momentum going this week.
Here is my schedule:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Sat, and Sunday
- Treadmill 45 minutes (10 minute warm up, 25 minute run, 5 minute powerwalk incline, and 5 minute cool down)
Don’t have 45 minutes? Check out this 20 minute cardio blast routine.
- 2 (30 second planks)
- 100 crunches
See more core exercise here.
- 24 modified pushups
- 24 bicep curls with resistant bands
- 24 tricep extensions with 5lb weights
See more arm exercises here
- 50 squats
See more leg and booty exercises here
Make ahead meal plan
My meal plan is going to be a little off this week because of Christmas and family being in town. I spend a lot of time at my parents and usually eat over there. I will try to plan as much as I can but I need to give myself flexibility too with the holidays.
Here is my meal plan on Plan to Eat. If you subscribe to this meal planning service and friend me (username organizeyourselfskinny) you can have access to all my recipes and meal plans. This means you can easily print out grocery lists and swap out other recipes if you want. See other meal planning services on my meal planning services page and products page.
Make ahead tips
- I will make smoothies the morning off. If you want to make smoothie freezer kits check out this post for instructions. You can also check this post for more information on green smoothies and recipes.
Make Ahead Tips
- The PB & Chocolate one was made last week. Even after a week it was still great. The PB & Banana Overnight Oats will be made tomorrow. I am eating these for lunches because they are easy and I have a ton of oats in my pantry. If you have questions about overnight oatmeal then check out my tutorial.
Make ahead tips
- I made this today, cut into squares, and stored in the refrigerator.
Buffalo Chicken Chili (2 nights)
Christmas eve and day dinner
Slow Cooker Char Sui Pork – new recipe
Make Ahead Tips
- I have 2 containers of Buffalo Chili in the freezer that I made a month or so ago.
- Char Sui Pork will be prepped the night before I cook it.
What is on your meal plan this week?
Get Instant Access to My Best Weight Loss Tips & Strategies!
Sign up now for a free step-by-step 7-day email course that I created exclusively for my email subscribers! That's you. I will teach the best habits, strategies, and insider tips so you can enjoy a lifestyle that encourages and supports weight loss! Stop relying on willpower and take control back over your life! You can do this. Let me help!