Hi everyone! Well life has finally returned too normal. No more up all night with sour tummies. Thank goodness because I can only go so long on little sleep. Trust me you DO NOT want to see me on less that 5 hours of sleep. I am not used to be up all night with the kiddos anymore – mama needs her 8 hours! Anyway, I feel rested now and ready to take on my week.
Let’s get to my weigh in.
I am happy with a 1.5 weight loss – that works for me. I am close to my goal weight so most likely I won’t see more than a 2lb weight loss in a week. That’s fine because honestly I like to eat and sometimes I get lazy so losing 1 – 2lbs a week works for my lifestyle. By lifestyle I mean giving myself permission to sneak in a Reese every now and then. Just keeping it real.
Last week, I squeezed in 3 days of exercise and felt good about that. Of course, I would like to get more in but I am just not there yet. My goal is to exercise 3 – 4 days this week too.
Here is my schedule:
Treadmill – 45 minutes (10 minute warm up, 20 minute run, 10 minute powerwalk on inline, and 5 minute cool down)
2 – 3 (30 second planks)
3 reps of 8 russian twists.
10 – 12 reps of the single leg side squat using my exercise ball
8 – 10 reps of the lying chest fly using my exercise ball
You can view more exercises here.
My Meal Plan
If you subscribe to Plan to Eat you can find my meal plans over there too. You need to friend me first (username organizeyourselfskinny) and then you can access all my meal plans, recipes, and print out grocery lists. They have a 30 free trial so if you are still on the fence then give the free trial a try.
Just in case you missed it I wrote a post for them a couple weeks ago called “Meal Planning: The “Not So Secret” Secret Weight Loss Strategy. Give it a read if you have time. I will be writing for the more in the future so keep an eye out for more blog posts. I am very excited about this partnership because I love and believe in the meal planning services they offer. Let me know in the comments below if you have any “meal planning” topic ideas you would like me to write more about.
Here is what I am eating this week.
Apple Pie and Banana Bread Baked Oatmeal Cups – these are new recipes and will be posted shortly.
Make ahead tips
- I decided to try something a little different with my smoothies. I made a large batch and then froze in individual mason jar containers. Some mornings I do not feel like making a smoothie but I still want one so I decided to make a few and see if freezing them ahead of time will work for me. I will update you on this in a future post. But to answer the “can mason jars go in the freezer” question…yes they can. It has freezer instructions right on the jar. Again, I will talk about this in a later post.
- For the baked oatmeal cups I froze them once they were baked and cooled. These are for my kids. In the morning, I unwrap and reheat in the microwave. I found that if you put a coffee cup of water in the microwave as it heats up then it turns out perfect. This tip also work for breakfast burritos too. Just a little freezer tip for you.
greek yogurt with homemade maple walnut granola
Make ahead tips
- Roll ups will be made the day I eat them.
- I made the granola yesterday.
Tuna Melts using my no mayo tuna salad
Jalapeño Popper Chicken – I am going to use this recipe by Skinny Taste as a base.
Broccoli Quinoa Casserole – I am going to use this Cooking Light recipe as a base.
Make ahead tips
- Tuna salad will be made today.
- Turkey will go into the slow cooker tomorrow.
- Quinoa for the casserole will be made today or tomorrow.
- The other dinners will be made the day we eat.
Meal planning has made a huge difference in helping me lose weight. It keeps me focused, intentional, and organize with the foods I eat. You can read all about this weight loss strategy and the others I use in my new ebook, Organize Yourself Skinny: 5 Strategies to Help Busy People Lose Weight and Create a Healthier Lifestyle. I also include a free bonus 4 week make ahead meal plan with purchase! If you are a blogger check out my affiliate program.
Get Instant Access to My Best Weight Loss Tips & Strategies!
Sign up now for a free step-by-step 7-day email course that I created exclusively for my email subscribers! That's you. I will teach the best habits, strategies, and insider tips so you can enjoy a lifestyle that encourages and supports weight loss! Stop relying on willpower and take control back over your life! You can do this. Let me help!