Hi everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was good. I spent the better part of it cleaning, organizing, and getting ready for dance pictures. My oldest is on the pre-dance team and she had 5 different sets of pictures taken yesterday. So I had to help her with 5 costume changes in less than two hours. I only lost it a couple times. Haha…it was crazy. Anyway, she is competing over the next couple weekends and I am so excited for her. However, I need to get my act together because if I don’t have her costumes in order it will not be pretty. If only I could organize tights and accessories like I do mason jar salads.
Let’s get to my weigh in.
Well, I lost a pound. Nothing groundbreaking but at least I didn’t gain. I don’t have much to say about this week. I feel like I stuck close to my meal plan but did stray a little bit with coffee. One of my first posts I wrote was on the amount of calories I was wasting on coffee creamer. I am pretty sure this has been one of my problems over the last couple months. I love my coffee…especially café mochas from Starbucks. But calories from drinks often go ignored but unfortunately not unnoticed. Meaning, the scale does not lie. It is hard for me to argue with numbers because it is what it is. I learned early on if I don’t consume over 1500 calories a day and exercise 4-5 times a week I will lose weight. If I eat 2000 calories a day I will maintain and anything over and I will gain. It’s just the way it works.
Also, I found myself snacking after 7:00pm. This is another way extra calories sneak it. So, I need to be stricter with eating at night. One way I will do this is by setting a reminder in my phone at around 7:00pm that says “STOP EATING”.
Onto to exercise…
I have such a love/hate relationship with exercise. I love how I feel and look when I make exercise a priority but I hate getting off the couch to do it. Anyone else have this problem?
The only thing I can do is just keep pushing myself. Again, the phone reminder system helps. I am going to set a reminder for 6:30am every morning to say “GET ON THE TREADMILL NOW”. I can be my own Jillian!
Here is my exercise schedule.
- Treadmill – 30 – 45 minutes running 40-50% of the time.
- Ab/leg/arm exercises with my exercise ball. I bought this exercise ball from Amazon a couple weeks ago and absolutely love it. I did some ab exercises with it and oh mama my tummy was hurting for 2 days. I am still getting used to it and playing around with different leg an arm exercises but overall I can already tell this exercise ball provides a better workout than anything I ever did at the gym or at home.
Here are 2 posts that offer exercise ball exercises.
Check out this video for a visual on using an exercise ball for your abs.
- Planks. I try to do 2-3 sets of 20 – 30 second planks after I run. They are so hard but feel so good when done. If you are unsure about planks check out this video.
My Meal Plan
This week is kind of an Italian feast with a little Mexican thrown in. For some reason I have been craving foods like afredo and chicken parmesan so I am going to focus on whipping up some healthier versions.
As always, if you subscribe to Plan to Eat and friend me (username organizeyourselfskinny) you can view my meal plans over there. Please keep in mind I get tons of requests so sometimes it takes me a couple days to approve them. However, if you don’t get approved within 48 hours please send me an email with your username and I will get right on it. If you are not familiar with Plan to Eat check out this post, this one, or try out their 30-day free trial.
Make ahead tips
- Most of the time I will make my smoothies in the morning. However, lately I just don’t have the time to break out my Vitamix every morning. So, I started making and freezing them ahead of time. Works great. Here are the instructions. If you have other “how to” green smoothie questions check out my tutorial.
- Mason jar salad were made yesterday for the week. I made 4 quart size ones and 2 pint size. If you have “how to” questions then check out my mason jar salad tutorial.
Healthy Fettuccine Alfredo
Stuffed Chicken Parm – new recipe
Chicken Ceasar Salad Pizza – new recipe
Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Bake – new recipe
- Ragu was made yesterday and the rest of the dinners will be made early this week and store in the refrigerator.
Kind Bars – Dark chocolate and sea salt is my favorites.
Meal planning has made a huge difference in helping me lose weight. It keeps me focused, intentional, and organize with the foods I eat. You can read all about this weight loss strategy and the others I use in my new ebook, Organize Yourself Skinny: 5 Strategies to Help Busy People Lose Weight and Create a Healthier Lifestyle. I also include a free bonus 4 week make ahead meal plan with purchase! If you are a blogger check out my affiliate program.
Get Instant Access to My Best Weight Loss Tips & Strategies!
Sign up now for a free step-by-step 7-day email course that I created exclusively for my email subscribers! That's you. I will teach the best habits, strategies, and insider tips so you can enjoy a lifestyle that encourages and supports weight loss! Stop relying on willpower and take control back over your life! You can do this. Let me help!