Hey everyone! I hope you are enjoying this last month of summer. I truly can’t believe school starts in 1 MONTH for us!
After this week I’m going into full back to school mode. I know we still have 4-weeks left but I’m not prepared at all for the back to school season and if I want to enjoy life, and not end up in the looney bin, then I need to get it together. So starting next week I will be a freezer stocking, school clothes buying, school supplies organizing crazy lady. It’s gotta happen.
Until then I’m still in summer mode and enjoying what’s left in terms of sun and food. If you are part of the OYS FB group then you know I’m still drowning in blueberries and was just gifted 2 enormous zucchinis. This means whether I like it or not everything I eat in the next week will be green or blue. Ha! But no worries because very soon I will be preparing lots of back to school recipes. Think breakfast burritos, after school snacks, and freezer slow cooker kits. Yeah baby! You know that get’s ya excited. No judgement. I’m right there with you. Nothing makes me happier that a freezer full of meals and snacks.
Here’s what I plan to eat this week.
Almond Joy Overnight Oats
- I made all the jars yesterday. The new recipes should be up within a week or so.
Here’s a quick video showing you how to put together a basic overnight oats recipe.
Cheese, hummus, & crackers
Blueberry coconut yogurt jars – new recipe
Zucchini Baked Oatmeal – new recipe
- Blueberry yogurt jars and baked oatmeal will be made today.
Grilled chicken sausage with grilled Zucchini
- I made the meatloaf and meatballs yesterday. I portioned out the meatloaf into meal prep containers and put the meatballs in a larger plastic container in the fridge.
- Sausage and zucchini I will make the day we eat it.
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread – new recipe
- Eggs were made yesterday. The zucchini bread will be made today.
Sweet Treat for the Week
Zucchini brownies – new recipe
- These will be made today.