This Stuffed Cream Cheese Chicken with Everything But The Bagel Seasoning from Trader Joe’s will change the way you meal prep chicken forever. At only 282 calories and 2 carbs per serving, this cream cheese chicken recipe is super easy and flavorful enough to add to your meal plan for weeks to come!
Coming up with some new low carb chicken recipes can sometimes be challenging, but that’s why I love having different seasonings and marinades! We eat a lot of baked chicken in this house and I’m always looking for new ways to “spice” up what might otherwise be rather boring food.
While I was going through some of my favorite bloggers’ recipes, I’d happen to notice that Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning is one of their most popular go-to items. Anytime I read about a blogger’s favorite or “must-have” Trader Joe’s item, this seasoning is always up in their top 5.
Everything But The Bagel Seasoning on Chicken
As a huge lover of everything bagels, I decided to pick up a jar of this seasoning on my last trip to Trader Joe’s.
One of the first foods I tried this on is baked chicken. When it comes to healthy eating, one of my tricks is adding lots of flavors and/or making foods that taste like my favorite “not so healthy foods”, hence this cream cheese stuffed chicken breast seasoned with Everything but the Bagel seasoning.
The first time I tried it, I instantly became a fan – it truly tasted like an everything bagel but, of course, without the bagel and all the carbs.
How To Use This Seasoning
Like I mentioned before, I like this seasoning on baked chicken, but in reality, you can use this pretty much on anything you like.
Other ways to use this seasoning is by sprinkling it on some roasted vegetables or some roasted chicken peas or even into trail mix for snacks. I’ve seen it stirred into a dip or some pasta. I’m going to try it on some scrambled eggs next!
The next few times I sprinkled it on the baked chicken, I decided to elevate it a little and stuff the chicken breast with a cream cheese filling. Then, it really did taste like my everything bagel but low carb chicken style, which I was super excited about.
Everything But The Bagel Stuffed Cream Cheese Chicken
This is a super easy recipe but I wanted to share it with you all because I know some of the easiest recipes on my blog are the most appreciated.
These are the ingredients you will need to make this cream cheese chicken:
- Cream cheese – high in fat but low in carbohydrates
- Romano cheese – a great option for those who are lactose-intolerant
- Chicken Breast – lean protein option with little to no fat
As for all of the seasonings, you will need:
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Seasoning
Once you have all of your ingredients and seasoning together, it’s time to start cooking!
How To Make Cream Cheese Chicken
You will first need to preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
While your oven is heating up, grab a small bowl and fold together the cream cheese and romano cheese. Once that has come together nicely, add in the salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Set this aside for later.
After you have cleaned your protein, lay the chicken breasts out flat. If needed, use a mallet to pound out the chicken breasts until each one is an even thickness of about 1 inch.
Cooking Tip: You need to roll up the chicken breast in this recipe so you’ll need the chicken breast to be thin. If your chicken breasts are on the thicker side, you can either:
- Cut them in half
- Cut a pocket into the breast for the cream cheese filling
- Pound out using a meat mallet
I prefer the mallet method I mentioned above when making a stuffed chicken breast but you can use any of these methods. It won’t make too much of a difference.
Once all of your chicken is at an even thickness and laid flat, pat them dry so that the seasoning will stick on to it later.
Time To Stuff Your Chicken
Taking a spoon, divide the cream cheese mixture evenly between the chicken breasts and put a spoonful along the edge.
Carefully roll the chicken tight enough for it to stay rolled but not so tight that all of the cream cheese spills out of the sides. Now, there is a chance that some of the cream cheese might run out as the chicken breast cooks. That’s OKAY! There is plenty of cream cheese inside.
Also, the little bit that melts out actually crisps up in the pan and it’s delicious.
Once you’ve rolled up all of your chicken, place them on a baking sheet and sprinkle the Everything But The Bagel seasoning on top. Put it in the oven to bake for about 40 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
You will want to keep an eye on it towards the end to make sure the chicken doesn’t dry out.
Once the chicken is all done, you can serve this recipe with some roasted sweet potatoes, broccoli cheese quinoa bake, or alongside a salad.
Make This Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Ahead of Time
This is a low-carb, high protein recipe that is easy to make and can definitely be prepped ahead of time. You can prep this chicken recipe a couple of different ways:
- You can prepare the chicken breast (stuff them with cream cheese and roll up) then place it into a container or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerator for up to 2 days. When you’re ready to eat, then continue with the recipe.
- You can also make the recipe completely ahead of time and then store it in the refrigerator using glass containers. You can warm up in the microwave or eat cold.
Check Out These Other Low Carb Chicken Recipes
- Garlic Ranch Grilled Chicken
- Low Carb Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Low Carb Detox Chicken Soup
- Italian Grilled Chicken
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Chicken
Add this Cream Cheese Chicken to your keto stuffed chicken recipes to use next time you want to jazz up your meal prepped chicken. Share a picture and tag me on Instagram or Facebook if you decide to try it!
Low-carb Everything But The Bagel Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
- 2 tablespoons Everything But the Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small mix together cream cheese, romano cheese, salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Lay the chicken breasts out flat. If needed, using a mallet, pound out the chicken breasts until each one is an even thickness of about 1 inch.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture evenly between the chicken breasts.
- Roll up and place onto a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with the Everything But the Bagel Seasoning.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until no longer pink on the inside.
- Serve the cream cheese chicken with your favorite vegetable sides and enjoy.
Easy to cook, and tasty!!!!
Tammy Overhoff says
That’s great so happy you loved it.
Made this tonight and all of my picky eaters loved it!!! Thank you!
Tammy Kresge says
You’re very welcome. Thanks so much for commenting!