Over the last year I have been on a baked oatmeal kick. So far my baked oatmeal recipes include Apple Spice, Cashew Honey, Banana and Chocolate Chip, and Berry. Each one has their own unique deliciousness. I do have lots of other breakfast ideas but for some reason I keep getting inspired to make new baked oatmeal recipes. My latest is a cinnamon raisin baked oatmeal recipe and trust me it DOES NOT disappoint. This recipe is about as simple and tasty as you can get. Easily one of my new favorites. Yes, I know I say that all the time but truthfully this one is soooo good.
My original plan was to bake this recipe using a muffin tin but I did not have one available. I am vacationing at my parents cabin this week and I guess I needed to sacrifice a muffin pan for country relaxation. Deal! It really wasn’t a big deal because baked oatmeal recipes can be prepared using any pan. For this recipe I use a 9 inch glass casserole dish and it turn out fantastic. This baking pan would work too.
I love making recipes like this when we are staying at our cabin. There is just something about cinnamon floating through the air in the morning that is so incredibly relaxing. Plus, I enjoy waking everyone up with the smells of a sweet morning breakfast. They like it too!
The great thing about this recipe is I bet you already have most of the ingredients in your pantry. If you don’t have coconut milk then use whatever you have available. I have used dairy milk, almond milk, and soymilk in my baked oatmeal recipes and they all turned out great. If you don’t have coconut oil then you can use melted butter or any cooking oil.
My favorite part of this recipe is the raisins. They plump up and just burst with flavor. If you don’t have raisins you can use cranberries or any dried fruit. Of course, keep in mind, the flavor will be different if you decide to switch dried fruits.
Each cinnamon baked oatmeal square is only 204 calories and 6 weight watchers points plus.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the rolled oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Stir it together until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- In another medium bowl crack in the two eggs and add the brown sugar and vanilla. Stir until all the ingredients are combined.
- Slowly stir in the coconut milk and oil into the egg mixture.
- Pour the wet mixture into the rolled oats and stir until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Stir in the raisins.
- Pour baked oatmeal mixture into a 9 x 9 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 12 squares and serve warm with a drizzle of pure maple syrup.