I would not consider myself a low carb person – I love pasta too much – but I will admit I do love low carb recipes. Every time I eat a low carb recipe I always feel satisfied but not bloated. I never experience a crash like I do when I eat a pasta dish or any meal higher in carbs. Again, I am not anti carb but I do pay attention to the way my body reacts to certain foods. My tummy always seems to be happier when I keep carbs under control.
My favorite low carb snack or lunch option are “no bread” roll ups. Basically, they are wraps without the wraps. So you get all of the yummy filling minus the high carb bread or wrap. In the last couple months I made a beef and cheddar roll up, turkey with avocado roll up, and a ham and swiss roll up – each one without bread and low carb.
Today, I put together a greek style roll up. As with a lot of my recipes I found inspiration from leftover ingredients. This week I made Greek Mason Jar Salads for lunches and had some extra feta, tomato, spinach, and olives in the refrigerator. I also found some garlic hummus. Then rolled all the ingredients using sliced turkey breasts.
I love all my “no bread” roll up recipes and this one is no exception. It is easy to put together and the flavors are great. I ate one for a mid afternoon snack and felt completely satisfied. If you are looking for a low carb snack or lunch option then give this “no bread” roll up recipe a try.
- 1 slice deli turkey breast use 2 slices if one is too thin
- 1 tablespoon garlic flavored hummus
- 1 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese
- 1 slice tomato chopped up
- 3 pitted greek olives chopped
- 1 - 2 baby spinach leaves torn into smaller pieces
- Lay turkey breast out and spread hummus over the top. Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients over top and then roll up the turkey breast. Cut in half and eat.