Get instant access to my mason jar salad recipe e-cookbook here! I share 19 of my best mason jar salads along with tips, tricks, and tutorial.
Are you ready for another mason jar salad? I hope so because I have been a mason jar making mama lately.
Using broccoli in one of my mason jar salads has been a goal of mine for a couple months now. However, I have been too lazy to chop the broccoli. Yep that is probably a whole new level of laziness but it is what it is. Anyway, I finally mustered up the energy to chop up some broccoli and guess what? No surprise here but it barely took any energy at all and was actually quite easy. Gotta love the power of just doing it.
My inspiration for this mason jar salad came from a Broccoli, Ham, and Pasta Salad recipe by Eating Well. Instead of making the dressing I decided to use Wegmans yogurt coleslaw dressing (you can find it in the produce section). One of these days I just need to make the dressing. I know it is better to do it that way but just like chopping the broccoli I feel like it is too much work. But it’s probably not. Okay the next mason jar salad will be made with homemade dressing. I promise.
After the dressing I layered the mason jar with red peppers, chopped broccoli, ham, swiss cheese, pasta, and an arugula/spinach/radicchio salad blend. I decided to leave the red onion out this time around because I was just not feeling onion this week. But if you want it then add it in.
I want to point out that to keep the salad clean(er) I purchased organic deli ham for this salad. I had them slice it a little on the thick side so I could chop it up.
Last tip I want to give is with the amount of dressing to use. I used 3 tablespoons of dressing in each of the salads. That seems to be enough dressing but because it is thicker it takes a little effort to get it all out of the bottom and into the bowl – vinaigrettes seem to slip right out. Once you get it into the bowl mix it real good with your fork and you will be good to go.
My other mason jar salad recipes:
For more tips on mason jar salads check out this post.
- 5 wide mouth quart size mason jars
- 15 tablespoons yogurt coleslaw dressing
- 3 large red bell peppers chopped
- 3 broccoli crowns chopped small
- ½ pound thick sliced organic deli ham chopped
- 6 ounces dry spiral whole grain pasta cooked and cooled
- 5 ounces block swiss cheese chopped
- 5 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 5 cups spinach arugula, radicchio salad blend
- Pour 3 tablespoons of salad dressing into each of the mason jars. Then layer ingredients into the jar starting with peppers then following with broccoli, ham, pasta, cheese, pumpkin seeds, and finishing with salad blend.
- To eat pour salad into a bowl and mix all ingredients together until evenly coated with salad dressing.