Tortellini Pasta Salad with tomatoes, red onion, artichokes, goat cheese, spinach, and an easy homemade Italian dressing. All of the ingredients are layered into a mason jar for a delicious portable lunch to enjoy all week.
It has been one of my goals to start creating new mason jar salad recipes. I love them and apparently so do all of you because it is one of the recipes searched the most on Organize Yourself Skinny.
My latest mason jar creation is inspired by a tortellini pasta recipe I love. It is a tomato sauce that includes artichoke hearts, red onion, and goat cheese. Delish! I haven’t posted it yet because every time I make it I forget to write down the measurements. I promise I will post that recipe soon.
How to Make Tortellini Salad in a Jar
Until then let me show you how I took those flavors and switch them up a bit for my Tortellini and Artichoke Mason Jar Salad.
For the dressing I decided on Italian – my favorite is this homemade Italian Dressing Then I layered the salad with cherry tomatoes, red onion, artichoke hearts, cheese filled tortellini, crumbled goat cheese, and a spinach arugula blend. I love arugula. It lends such a great peppery flavor to recipes.
Be mindful when it comes to the tortellini. The calories can add up rather quickly. Originally, I was going to make the whole bag then just divide among the jars but the calorie and fat count was through the roof. So I decided to use half the bag and then divide that amount between the 5 mason jars. This brought the calories way down and was the perfect amount of tortellini per salad.
Read our Mason Jar Salad Guide to learn our top tips and tricks to perfect layered salads in a jar every time + get our top mason jar salad recipes.
Other Mason Jar Salad Recipes
Artichoke and Tortellini Mason Jar Salad
- 5 32-ounce mason jar salads
- 5 mason jar lids
- 10 tablespoons homemade Italian dressing
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 cans quartered artichoke hearts cut in half
- 4 ounces dried cheese filled tortellini; cooked according to package directions I bought the 8 ounce bag of Barilla brand cheese filled tortellini and only used half
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- 5 cups bagged spinach/arugula blend salad
- Layer each mason jar with the ingredients starting with dressing then adding tomatoes, onion, artichokes, tortellini, goat cheese, and finishing with arugula/spinach blend.
- When ready to eat give the salad a shake and pour into a bowl.