Get instant access to my mason jar salad recipe e-cookbook here! I share 19 of my best mason jar salads along with tips, tricks, and tutorial.
It has been one of my goals to start creating new mason jar salad recipes. I love them and apparently so do all of you because it is one of the recipes searched the most on Organize Yourself Skinny. The other one is my Turkey Bacon Ranch Wrap – you all go ga ga for that one.
My latest mason jar creation is inspired by a tortellini pasta recipe I love. It is a tomato sauce that includes artichoke hearts, red onion, and goat cheese. Delish! I haven’t posted it yet because every time I make it I forget to write down the measurements. I promise I will post that recipe soon. Until then let me show you how I took those flavors and switch them up a bit for my Tortellini and Artichoke Mason Jar Salad.
For the dressing I decided on Italian – my favorite is Family Recipe Italian by Newmans Own. You could make your own dressing but for me I just prefer to grab a good bottle off the shelf. Then I layered the salad with cherry tomatoes, red onion, artichoke hearts, cheese filled tortellini, crumbled goat cheese, and a spinach arugula blend. I love arugula. It lends such a great peppery flavor to recipes.
Be mindful when it comes to the tortellini. The calories can add up rather quickly. Originally, I was going to make the whole bag then just divide among the jars but the calorie and fat count was through the roof. So I decided to use half the bag and then divide that amount between the 5 mason jars. This brought the calories way down and was the perfect amount of tortellini per salad.
I really enjoyed this salad and will add it – along with my black bean and corn salad – onto my mason jar rotation.
Also check out my fresh mozzarella , tomato, and pasta mason jar salad.
If you have question about mason jar salads check this post because I probably answered them there.
- 5 quart size wide mouth mason jars
- 10 tablespoons Italian dressing (I used Newmans Own Family Recipe Italian)
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cans quartered artichoke hearts, cut in half
- 4 ounces dried cheese filled tortellini; cooked according to package directions (I bought the 8 ounce bag of Barilla brand cheese filled tortellini and only used half)
- 5 ounces goat cheese
- 5 cups bagged spinach/arugula blend salad
- Layer each mason jar with the ingredients starting with dressing then adding tomatoes, onion, artichokes, tortellini, goat cheese, and finishing with arugula/spinach blend.
- When ready to eat give the salad a shake and pour into a bowl.
These mason jar salads can be made up to 5 days ahead of time and store in the refrigerator.
Get Instant Access to my Mason Jar Salad Recipe E-cookbook!
Sign up now to receive your FREE e-cookbook that I created exclusively for my email subscribers! That's you!