These Raspberry Almond Muffins with Streusel Topping might be the best muffins I ever made. Not kidding. THEY. ARE. DELICIOUS! I had to make two batches because my family ate the first one before they even cooled.
Now I know these muffins might look and sound a little fancy with all that crumbly streusel on top but let me assure you they are so easy to make. And…I would be willing to bet you just might have most, if not all, of the ingredients already in your kitchen.
The foundation of this muffin uses half white flour and half white whole wheat flour. In the past, I would use all whole wheat but in my opinion it creates a muffin a little too dense for my kids liking. I don’t mind a dense muffin but if hubs and kids won’t eat then I am stuck eating 12 muffins and that won’t end well.
I spice the muffin batter up with a hint of cinnamon and instead of butter or vegetable oils I use coconut oil. Don’t be afraid of baking with coconut oil. I have substituted it quite frequently in baking recipes with great results.
Another ingredient I substitute often in baking recipes is almond milk for dairy milk. For this Raspberry Almond Muffin recipe I used Silk Original Almondmilk. The result was a moist, tender, and flavorful muffin. Over the last 4 years my eating habits have transformed and evolved into a more plant based diet. I started using Silk Original Almondmilk in smoothies but quickly learned it can be substituted for dairy in many other recipes. If you are trying to decrease the amount of dairy in your diet and increase the amount of plant-based foods then substituting Silk Original Almondmilk in your baking recipes is a easy way start. You can learn more about Silk by signing up for their newsletter.
After the batter was mixed I slow stirred in frozen raspberries. You can certainly use fresh but I always have frozen available for smoothies so that is I what I used.
Then, using a cookie scoop, I divided the batter among a 12 cup muffin tin. I try to get them even and perfect but I always end up with a few smaller than the rest.
The last thing I did was sprinkle the delicious scrumptious streusel on top. Of course, you can leave that off if you like but I am not sure why you would do that. It is so good and makes each bite of the muffin pop with crunchy nutty sweetness.
After 18 – 20 minutes in the oven these muffins were bursting with raspberries and streusel topping. If you need a feel good – taste even better – muffin recipe then you must make these Raspberry Almond Muffins with Streusel Topping.
- 1 cup white all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil (you can substitute canola oil)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup Silk Almondmilk
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- Cooking spray
- Streusel Topping
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl whisk together flours, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl mix together coconut oil and sugar until combined. Stir in egg, vanilla extract, almond extract, and Silk Almondmilk.
- Slow stir in the wet mixture into the dry mixture just until combined.
- Slow stir in the raspberries.
- Spray 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, divide the batter among the 12 cups.
- For the streusel topping use your fork or hands to mix together the brown sugar, flour, almond and butter until it forms crumbs. Sprinkle evenly among the muffins.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until tooth pic comes out with a little bit of crumbles on it. Son't over cook the muffins or they will be dry. Mine cooked perfectly at 18 minutes.
These muffins can be made ahead of time and stored on counter or in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. You can also freeze them for up to 3-6 months. Thaw on the counter and enjoy.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
Get Instant Access to My Best Weight Loss Tips & Strategies!
Sign up now for a free step-by-step 7-day email course that I created exclusively for my email subscribers! That's you. I will teach the best habits, strategies, and insider tips so you can enjoy a lifestyle that encourages and supports weight loss! Stop relying on willpower and take control back over your life! You can do this. Let me help!