Get instant access to my mason jar salad recipe e-cookbook here! I share 19 of my best mason jar salads along with tips, tricks, and tutorial.
The first time I experienced crumbled blue cheese on a salad was during my early years of dating my husband. We went out to dinner with his grandmother and she order a salad with balsamic dressing and asked for crumbled blue cheese on top. I was intrigued. So I ordered the same thing. I was blown away. It was amazing! How did I go the first 23 years of my life not putting crumbled blue cheese on my salad? Oh well better late than never.
I think what I like the most about blue cheese crumbles is a little goes a long way. So you can enjoy the pleasure of cheese without the guilt. Also, whenever I eat a salad with vinaigrette and crumbled blue cheese I always feel fancy. I don’t know why I just do. And because I like to feel fancy at work I decided to create a mason jar salad using these delicious flavors.
I love Newmans Own lite raspberry vinaigrette dressing. I usually do not like lite dressing at all but this one is scrumptious and goes great with this salad. After I poured in the dressing I threw in cherry tomatoes and cucumbers as I do with most of my salads. For protein I added in organic smoked deli turkey and a hard-boiled egg. For texture, some more protein, and fiber I added raw chopped walnuts. For the greens I used a spring mix and baby spinach melody. All these ingredients together make for a fancy delicious salad. When I ate this salad at work all week I felt like I was in a gourmet restaurant. I am not kidding. The flavors were so good. Each salad is pretty filling and only has 358 calories each.
If you are a mason jar salad fan like me then add this to your rotation.
If you have questions about how to make a mason jar salad or want to check out other recipes then take a look at my Ultimate Mason Jar Salad tutorial.
- 5 (1 quart) wide mouth mason jar glass containers
- 10 tablespoons Newmans Own Lite Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 5 baby cucumbers, sliced
- 10 ounces thinly sliced smoked deli turkey breast
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 5 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 5 tablespoons chopped raw walnuts
- 5 cups spring mix and spinach melody
- Divide ingredients up between mason jar containers. Start with dressing. Then add tomatoes, cucumbers, turkey, egg, cheese, and greens.
- When ready to eat shake then pour into a bowl and enjoy.
These salads can be made up to 5 days ahead of time.
Get Instant Access to my Mason Jar Salad Recipe E-cookbook!
Sign up now to receive your FREE e-cookbook that I created exclusively for my email subscribers! That's you!