Get instant access to my mason jar salad recipe e-cookbook here! I share 19 of my best mason jar salads along with tips, tricks, and tutorial.
Last week I made these beef and cheddar “no bread” roll ups and after first bite immediately decided these needed to be made into a mason jar salad. I absolutely LOVED the thousand island yogurt dressing. I am sure it would be delicious in any salad but I especially love it paired with roast beef. Super good.
I kept the ingredients simple with this salad. No point in complicating things. I started with the thousand island dressing then layered with tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions. I thought about using a red onion for a second but I really enjoyed the white onion in the roll ups so that is what I went with. Red onions can be strong and sometimes they hurt my stomach #oldpeopleproblems so I stayed with a white onion. Actually, I used a Spanish onion, which is a little sweeter.
For the cheese I decided to purchase single packs of a sharp cheddar cheese. I can go overboard with cheese so using cheese already portioned out helps me keep my cheese intake under control.
Then I used an organic thinly sliced roast beef I purchased at Wegmans. The quality of my meat is very important to me so I never mind spending a few extra bucks on it.
Lastly, I used a spinach/arugula mix for the lettuce layer. You can certainly use romaine but I have been using that a lot lately and wanted to switch things up. I love the taste of arugula no matter what salad I use it in. I love the pepperiness of it!
This salad is delicious and extremely filling. Each bite had the perfect amount of beef, cheese, and veggies. I really enjoy roast beef in my salad and plan to create more versions using it in the future. I am thinking one with a crumbled blue cheese and balsamic dressing. Mmmmmm. You can view my mason jar salad tutorial and recipe round up here.
- 5 wide mouth glass mason jar quart size containers
- 10 tablespoons thousand island yogurt dressing
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5 baby cucumbers, sliced and halved
- ½ spanish onion, diced
- 5 single serving packets of cheddar cheese, chopped into cubes
- ½ pound thinly sliced roast beef, chopped up
- 3 cups spinach/arugula blend
- Divide and layer ingredients among the mason jars. Start with dressing then layer tomato, cucumbers, onion, cheese, roast beef, and ending with spinach/arugula. Place lid tightly on.
- When ready to eat give the jar a good shake and pour into a bowl.
These salads can be made up to 5 days ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
Get Instant Access to my Mason Jar Salad Recipe E-cookbook!
Sign up now to receive your FREE e-cookbook that I created exclusively for my email subscribers! That's you!