An easy one-pan chicken dinner recipe baked in a delicious balsamic honey marinade and served with roasted broccoli.
Recipes like this make me happy. First of all, you can’t go wrong with balsamic vinegar…EVER. It makes just about anything taste elegant and fancy. Second, I love low-carb high protein meals served with veggies. If I want to feel good every morning then I need to eat something like this every day. Just sayin. Third, who doesn’t love a one-pan meal. Prepare the marinade on the weekend, then throw everything on a sheet pan during the week, and 30-40 minutes later dinner is served. Perfect!
Let’s talk about this easy marinade. All I did was mix together honey, balsamic vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Then I placed 4 chicken breasts into the marinade and let it marinate for 3 hours. If you can let this marinate overnight even better.
Also, I recommend pounding the chicken out a little before marinating. This helps the chicken cook faster. The thicker the chicken the longer it takes to cook.
Then I placed the chicken and broccoli on a sheet pan and stuck it in a 375 oven for 30 – 40 minutes. I drizzled a little olive oil over top of the broccoli to help it roast. The amount of time the chicken takes to cook totally depends on the size of the chicken and your oven. Basically, you want to cook the chicken until it’s no longer pink on the inside and juices run clear. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
This is a great recipe to make ahead on the weekends to eat for lunches all week. You can portion the chicken and broccoli out using these meal prep containers.
Or just make it for dinner during the week. If the chicken is marinated ahead of time then you need only 40 minutes to get dinner on the table.
This Honey Balsamic Baked Chicken with Broccoli is a delicious low carb high protein lunch or dinner recipe. If you decide to make it share a picture on Instagram using hashtag #organizeyourselfskinny.
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- ½ teaspoon italian seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb broccoli florets
- In a medium bowl whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper (if using).
- Place chicken breasts in the marinade and marinate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken and broccoli on opposite ends of a sheet pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center. The internal temperature should be 165 degrees.
- Serve with rice, quinoa, or as is.
Chicken can be marinated up to 2 days ahead of time and frozen in marinade up to 3 months. Also, chicken and broccoli can be cooked ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator 3-5 days.