- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 6.5 ounce can chopped clams
- 2 14-ounce cans Mutti finely chopped tomatoes
- 1- cup Mutti tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons Mutti tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 cups cooked whole grain linguini
In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium hit until it starts to sizzle. Add the garlic and let it cook until it becomes fragrant, about 2 minutes. It doesn't take long for the garlic to cook so keep an eye on it to prevent it from burning.
Stir in the juice from the canned clams (reserve chopped clams for the end), chopped tomatoes, tomato puree, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
Stir in the clams and cook for about 5 minutes.
Serve over hot whole grain linguine with grated cheese if desired.
The sauce can be made completely ahead of time and frozen.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 64g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fiber: 6g