- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1.13 ounce packet Simply Organic Southwest Taco Seasoning
- ½ cup water
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
- 1 10-ounce can rotel diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chilis
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- Lettuce leaves
- Shredded Mexican cheese optional
- Chopped avocado optional
In a large sauté pan, on medium heat, heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add in the ground turkey and cook until no longer pink. Break apart the meat as it cooks.
Stir in the taco seasoning, water, diced tomatoes, and diced green chills. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 -15 minutes.
Stir in 1/2 cup cooked quinoa.
Serve in lettuce leaves with with your favorite taco condiments.
Make ahead instructions
This recipe can be made completely ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator up to 3 days or frozen 3-6 months. Use medium plastic storage freezer containers.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 190kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 6g | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g