- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons southwest taco seasoning
- 1 14.5 ounce can chili style diced tomatoes
- 1 4-ounce can mild diced chilis
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans, drained
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- avocado plain greek yogurt, and shredded mexican cheese (optional)
In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and pepper and sauté until the onions are translucent.
Sprinkle seasoning over the vegetables and cook for 1-2 more minutes. If needed add a little water or stock to keep the seasoning from sticking to the pan.
Stir in the tomatoes, chilis, and black beans. Bring to a boil and then let simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.
Stir in the greek yogurt, Mexican cheese, and quinoa. Cook for another 3-5 minutes or until hot.
Serve with avocado, greek yogurt, and cheese.
This recipe can be made completely ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator up to 5 days and in the freezer up to 3 months. You can also make the quinoa ahead of time to prepare this recipe in 30 minutes or less.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fiber: 7g