- 1 12 ounce bag tortellini, cooked al dente
- 1.5 lbs chicken sausage 6 links, casings removed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken stock
- 1 12-ounce package frozen broccoli florets
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese and more for serving.
In a dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium heat until hot. Add the sausage and brown on both sides. Break up the sausage as it cooks. When the sausage is almost cooked through add in the garlic and cook until the sausage is no longer pink in the middle.
Add in the frozen broccoli and cook until it's warm but not completely heated through.
Stir in the tortellini and lemon juice and cook until all the ingredients are completely heated through.
Stir in the parmesan cheese and serve.
If desired serve with extra cheese.
This recipe comes together very quickly when the tortellini is made ahead of time. I recommend prepare the pasta on Sunday and keep it in the refrigerator for when you need it. Also, the completed recipe can be frozen into portions. Heat in a microwave bowl for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 346kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fiber: 4g