- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2-3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk or any milk
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce seeds removed + 1 tablespoon of the sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
In a large bowl mix together the panko and milk until in forms into a paste.
Add in the ground turkey and the rest of the ingredients.
Using your hands, mix all the ingredients together until combined.
Divide into 4 patties.
Cook the turkey burgers on a medium high heat grill for a total of 10 - 12 minutes (turning every few minutes) or until cooked through and the burgers have an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
Serve with avocado, onion, or other veggies.
These burgers can be prepared ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator up to 3 days and frozen up to 3 months. If frozen, thaw in the refrigerator overnight before cooking on the grill. You might need to add a little extra time to reach an internal temp of 160 degrees.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Fiber: 1g