- 1.5 lbs skinless boneless chicken breast trimmed and cut into strips
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
Marinate chicken breast in the coconut milk for 1 hour or overnight.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium to large bowl combine the breadcrumbs, coconut, salt, and pepper.
Brush coconut oil on a baking sheet.
Dip the chicken into the breadcrumb/coconut mixture and coat both sides. Place each piece of chicken on the baking sheet.
Bake for 30 minutes. Flip the chicken over at the 15 minute mark.
Serve warm or hot. In my opinion this chicken tastes good cold too.
This chicken can be prepped 2 days ahead of time in the breadcrumb/coconut coating. You can also cook this completely and store in the refrigerator (up to 5 days) or freezer (up to 3 months) for future meals.
Calories: 240kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fiber: 1g