- 1 pita bread
- 1-2 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 4-5 turkey pepperoni slices
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Lay the pita bread flat on a baking sheet. Make sure the flat side of the pita is up.
Spread the sauce on the pita bread and then sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and pepperoni.
Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
The nutritional information is for a basic cheese and turkey pepperoni pita pizza. Use My Fitness Pal for the nutritional information if making the different variations.
Pita Pizza Variations
- Brush the pita bread with olive oil and crushed garlic.
- Then, sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and then add a couple of slices of tomatoes.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes in a 375-degree oven.
- While it’s baking, take 1 1/2 cups of chopped romaine and mix it with 2 tablespoons of Caesar dressing and 2 teaspoons of grated parmesan. You can also use 1-cup or so of a premade Caesar salad kit.
- When the pizza is done, top with the salad and enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Pita Pizza
We make this pita pizza a lot because I often have leftover shredded buffalo chicken.
Cooking note: If the shredded chicken is cold, then warm it up in the microwave for a minute or so before putting the pizza together.
- Brush some olive oil and crushed garlic on the pita. Then, add about ¼ cup of shredded Buffalo chicken on top of the pita bread.
- Top it off with some shredded mozzarella or provolone.
- Next, add thinly sliced red or white onions and sliced tomatoes.
- Cook it in a 375-degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and toppings are hot.
- Add some shredded lettuce and drizzle with yogurt blue cheese dressing.
Chicken And Spinach Alfredo Pizza
Cooking Note: For this recipe, my favorite and preferred jarred alfredo sauce is the Rao’s brand. I highly recommend it! Again, if the chicken is cold, you’ll want to warm it up before mixing it into the alfredo or spinach.
- Mix a 1/4 cup of shredded chicken with about 3 tablespoons of jarred alfredo sauce.
- Then, thinly slice (or chop) a small handful of baby spinach (regular spinach will work too) and mix it into the chicken and alfredo.
- Spread the chicken alfredo mixture onto the pita bread and sprinkle with a few tablespoons of shredded mozzarella.
- Bake it in a 375-degree oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
Caprese Pita Pizza
This variation is the simplest to make. It includes fresh mozzarella, tomato, and fresh basil.
- Start with brushing the pita bread with olive oil and garlic.
- Then, add some fresh mozzarella to the pita.
- Next, lay some fresh tomatoes on top.
- Cook it in a 375-degree oven for 15-20 minutes and after it’s cooked I sprinkle some shredded fresh basil on top.
Serving: 1pita pizza | Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 711mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g