- 3 large portobello mushroom caps stem and gills removed
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 clove garlic grated or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 small basil leaves finely chopped
- dash salt and pepper
- 3 1 ounce slices of fresh mozzarella
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a bowl combine cherry tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
Divide tomato mixture among portobello mushroom caps. Cook for 15 minutes or until tomatoes and mushrooms are soft.
Add cheese and cook 5-7 or until cheese is melted.
Make ahead instructions.
The caprese salad can be made ahead of time. Fill mushroom caps the night you want to eat and continue with cooking instructions.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 14g | Sugar: 7g