- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2-3 teaspoons melted honey
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts 3-4 chicken breasts
In a medium bowl, or mason jar, combine olive oil through honey and mix well.
Using a meat mallot or rolling pin pound out the chicken breasts until they are about 1/2 inch thickness.
Place the chicken in a large ziploc bag or glass container and pour on the marinade. Store any unused marinade in a glass container or mason jar.
Cook the chicken on a hot grill over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until the internal temperature reaches 165º. Discard unused marinade.
Serve with your favorite salad, vegetables, or potatoes.
How to Store the Recipe
There are three ways to store and make ahead grilled chicken in Italian marinade.
- You can marinate the chicken twenty-four hours ahead of time. Just put the chicken in a ziplock bag or glass container and stick it in the refrigerator.
- You can freeze the chicken in the marinade ahead of time. Take it out about 1-2 days before you’re going to cook it on the grill and let it thaw in the refrigerator.
- You can grill a bunch of this chicken ahead of time and use it on salads all week. Or freeze the grilled chicken into strips to throw on salads or use in wraps.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 336kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 259mg | Sugar: 4g