- 12 ounces whole grain penne pasta cooked al dente
- 1/2 pound italian poultry sausage I could not find ground so I used 2 sausage patties, cooked and broken into small pieces
- 2 cups basil and tomato jarred spagetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons seasoned italian breadcrumbs
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spray a 7 x 11 casserole dish with cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl mix together pasta, sausage, 1 cup sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella, 2 tablespoon parmesan, and oregano. Pour into casserole dish.
Pour last cup of sauce over top and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top then cover with foil and bake 20 minutes.
Remove foil and bake for another 10 - 15 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 300kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 8g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g