Large mixing bowl
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado this is about 1-2 avocados depending on the size
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt this is equal to a 5.3 ounce container of yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill relish can also use sweet relish
- 2 4-ounce cans of high-quality tuna fish, in water drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery stalk
- 1/2 of a medium red onion chopped into small pieces
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
Start with making the creamy base. Remove the avocado from the skin and discard the pit. Place the avocado into a large bowl and mash.
After mashing the avocado, stir in the Greek yogurt and mix until smooth and creamy.
Slow stir in the seasoning and relish. Give the base a taste, and add more salt, pepper, and spices if needed.
Last, stir the onion, celery, and tuna into the avocado and greek yogurt mixture. Squirt in the lemon juice and give the tuna salad another taste for seasoning.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
How to store this recipe
This recipe is best consumed the day you make it. However, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. If you’re going to keep it the maximum time, then I recommend adding the total amount of the lemon juice to prevent the avocado from browning. The avocado will brown slightly but, don’t worry, the tuna salad will still be tasty.
You can’t freeze this tuna salad recipe
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 342mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g