I am thoroughly convinced that time moves faster for moms. How can it possibly be November 1st when we were just celebrating 4th of July? Craziness I tell ya!
One of the goals I set for myself during October was to put together and post a monthly menu plan by November 1st. Well as you can see that did not happen. However, I just need to do a little more work on it so all hope is not lost for my monthly menu plan. It will be posted soon. I feel like the little menu planning engine that could.
Until then here is my menu plan for this week. To show you that I am not a complete slacker most meals have already been prepared ahead of time in some way, shape, or form to make weekday cooking more friendly. I highlighted my make ahead tips below.
The nutritional information can be found by clicking the links. Recipes that don’t have links mean I have not posted them yet but will shortly.
- I put this in the slow cooker Sunday night and it makes a pretty big batch that gets us through most of the week. Though I am starting to think the batch is too big because we typically get sick of eating oatmeal by Wednesday. I may purchase a smaller slow cooker to make smaller batches.
Greek breakfast burritos (recipe coming)
- Made and froze all these over the weekend.
- We are going to have pancakes for dinner on Wednesday where I will make a huge batch of these pancakes to last us a few weeks.
- We still have some of these made from a few weeks ago.
Chobani vanilla Greek yogurt with homemade granola
- I make a large batch of granola ever 1 ½ to 2 weeks.
- I meant to freeze these over the weekend and ran out of time. Let me tell you I feel the pain when I don’t have these ready in the morning. I am hoping to freeze a batch of pb & j’s after work sometime this week.
Black bean soup (recipe coming)
- Made this in the slow cooker over the weekend, portioned into individual soup containers, and froze making my lunches super easy this week.
- I always have a large stock of these in the freezer. They are so easy to make, freeze, and reheat.
Hummus (recipe coming) and pitas
- Tonight or tomorrow night I will whip up a batch of homemade hummus.
Monday ~ Turkey Meatloaf (recipe coming) with rice and corn
- I made and froze the meatloaf over the weekend. The rice I whipped up in my rice cooker because I ran out of the rice packets I usually have frozen. Good thing I noticed that early on or we would have gone without.
Tuesday ~ Homemade chicken patty sandwiches (using the chicken nugget recipe)
- I made the chicken mixture on Sunday but ran out of time to make and freeze. My husband and I will be making up a large batch of chicken nuggets tonight.
Wednesday ~ Pancakes for dinner
- Like I said already I need to double dip dinner time because we are all out of pancakes. As the kids eat I will continue to make a bunch for the rest of the month.
Thursday ~ Slow cooker tortellini and white bean soup (recipe coming)
- All the ingredients are prepped and ready to go into the slow cooker Thursday morning.
Friday ~ Chicken Quesadillas
- I made shredded chicken in my slow cooker over the weekend which I will use part of it for this meal.
Saturday ~ Leftovers or dinner at mom’s
- I have to mooch of mom at least one day a week 😉
Sunday ~ Pizza Night
What is on your menu plan? How did you prepare ahead of time for the busy week?
Get Instant Access to My Best Weight Loss Tips & Strategies!
Sign up now for a free step-by-step 7-day email course that I created exclusively for my email subscribers! That's you. I will teach the best habits, strategies, and insider tips so you can enjoy a lifestyle that encourages and supports weight loss! Stop relying on willpower and take control back over your life! You can do this. Let me help!