3 more months and I am off work for 2 months!! Yay! Can’t wait! I think one of the things I am going to do that month is put together a couple rotating menu plans. I wrote about rotating menu plans last year. Basically, they are menu plans (and grocery lists) you create ahead of time then week after week you rotate through them. You can create as little or many as you want. I think I am going to try really hard to put together 4 (12 week) seasonal rotating menu plans. That might seem a little ambitious but I know once they are done I don’t have to think about it again.
I know the importance of menu planning, especially with maintaining a healthy lifestyle, but I will be the first to admit there are many times I just do not feel like putting one together EVERY SINGLE WEEK. So, I know having a rotating menu plan is definitely a strategy that would come in very handy. I will keep you posted as I start to put them together.
Exercise this week was so so. Yesterday I ran 5 miles so I felt somewhat accomplished but during the week I only exercised 1 time. I was not as organized as I like to be with having my exercise gear ready so when the morning hit and I sat on the couch I just could not motivate myself to get up and look for everything. Another obstacle is my basement is so darn cold. I mean frigid. I have been putting a space heater down there but again once I got on the couch I don’t feel like heading downstairs into the dungeon.
Those were my challenges. These are the solutions I came up with. First, all of my workout gear (clothes, sneakers, ear buds) will be found and laid out the night before. Then before I go to bed I will bring the space heater into the basement. Of course, I won’t turn it on until morning but getting it down there is half the battle. As soon as I wake up the first thing I will do is turn on the space heater. Okay so that is my “get off the couch” exercise plan.
The exercises that I plan to accomplish this week are:
- Run 3 miles 2-3 times during the week and 4-5 miles on weekend.
- 100 crunches
- 50 girl pushups
- 24 tricep extensions
- 24 bicep curls
- 50 squats
Now let’s get to my menu plan.
Chicken and pasta with roasted broccoli pesto – new recipe
Make ahead tips
- My original thought was to make this into an individual freezer meal. Kind of like a homemade lean cuisine. But now I am having thoughts of putting it into mason jars for the week. I may do both just to test out what I prefer.
- Mason jar salads will be made today. I am also going to put together a step by step “how to make a mason jar salad” tutorial.
Chicken Quesadillas – using slow cooker salsa chicken
Leftover taco pizza or chopped taco salad
Make ahead tips
- Salsa chicken was made yesterday.
- Taco meat will be made today.
- Sausage and kale soup will be made today.
- Beef stroganoff will be prepped into a slow cooker freezer kit.
cheese and crackers
veggies and hummus