Hi everyone! As usual, I have a busy Sunday ahead of me with cooking and cleaning so I am going to keep this menu plan post short and to the point.
This week’s menu plan is going to focus on eating from the pantry and freezer for dinners. I have a lot of meals and meal starters frozen so I want to use those up before I make anything else.
I will need to head to the grocery store for some bread and mason jar salad ingredients. However, other than that I am good to go.
Okay let’s go over my exercise goals then I will get to my menu plan.
I did pretty good with exercise last week. I did not make my minimum of exercising 4 times but I did exercise 3 times and I am happy with that. However, I am going to try and push myself to get more exercise in during the week. My intentions are always there to exercise but the couch is just so warm and my basement is just so cold. But I need to push myself.
Here is my exercise plan.
Monday, Wednesday, Friday – 3 miles on the treadmill, 100 crunches, 25 girl push ups, 25 bicep curls and tricep extensions, and 50 squats.
Saturday – 4-5 miles on the treadmill, 100 crunches, 25 girl push ups, 25 bicep curls and tricep extensions, and 50 squats.
I have learned that exercising on Sundays is not really working for me. I spend a lot of time on my feet cooking and preparing food on Sundays and if I work out too then by nighttime I can barely walk. So, for now, I am going to save Sundays just for cooking.
My menu plan
Make ahead tips:
- Smoothies will be made morning of.
- Steel cut oats will be made today and frozen.
Black bean soup
Make ahead tips
- Mason jar salads will be made today for the week.
- Soup will be made in the slow cooker tomorrow and then frozen into single serving batches. I will post later in the week a tutorial on how I do that.
Rigatoni with Sausage Ragu
Make ahead tips
- Every one of my dinners this week is already frozen in the freezer. My biggest challenge will be to take food out the next before to thaw but that should not be too hard if I set reminders in my phone.
What’s on your menu this week?