Yes I know I am posting yet ANOTHER Buffalo Chicken recipe. I can’t help it. I love all things hot sauce and blue cheese and when I find another twist that I think is absolutely delicious and over the top I MUST SHARE. Especially when it is only 104 calories per serving.
A few weeks ago I made my now famous “at my house” slow cooker buffalo chicken. As I was shredding the chicken I started to have visions of buffalo chicken dip. Once that happens there is no turning back. Buffalo chicken dip is made with shredded chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, sour cream, blue cheese, and makes the most delicious cheesiest dip you ever tasted. It is addicting. Seriously, there is no way you can have just one taste of buffalo chicken dip and not go back for the whole bowl. This is why I do not keep this dip in my presence. But I wanted some bad.
To satisfy my craving I decided to make a lighter version of buffalo chicken dip. I also wanted to keep it easy. Most original recipes call for using a few different ingredients then baking it. Instead, I simply stirred in some plain greek yogurt and crumbled blue cheese. Oh mama! Wow! This was so good. Now it does not have the block of cream cheese and ½ cup of blue cheese that’s in the original recipe. But in my opinion, the yogurt gave it the perfect amount of creaminess and the crumbled blue cheese gave it awesome flavor. If you want it “creamier “ then add a little more yogurt, one tablespoon at a time.
This is my new favorite way to eat slow cooker buffalo chicken. I eat this recipe with crackers, vegetables, and also in a wrap. You can also serve this as a party dip with chips or bread. It can be served cold or warm. If you serve it as a dip I recommend serving it warm. You can keep it warm by leaving it in the slow cooker or warming it up in the microwave or oven. If you keep it warm in the slow cooker then remove all the liquid before putting chicken back in. Add only the amount of liquid back you need to keep it moist.
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts (about 3 chicken breasts)
- 2 tablespoons ranch seasoning mix ( I use simply organic)
- 1 cup franks hot sauce
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup crumbly blue cheese
- Place the chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle ranch seasoning over chicken.
- Pour hot sauce and chicken broth over top. Flip the chicken a couple times to make sure all the ingredients are mixed together.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken, place in a medium bowl, and shred.
- Add butter, greek yogurt, crumbled blue cheese and stir together until combined.
- Add the hot sauce liquid, from the slow cooker, to the chicken mixture a little at a time till you get the flavor and consistency you want. The liquid keeps the chicken moist and super flavorful.
This recipe can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator for lunches and easy dinners. eat cold or warm up. This can be served in a wrap or any way you would eat chicken salad or dip.
Get Instant Access to My Best Meal Prep Tips & 20 Delicious Make-ahead Recipes!
Sign up now to receive your FREE ecookbook that I created exclusively for my email subscribers! That's you!