Tacos are the go to meal for my family. I am sure you probably noticed that they are on our menu plan every week. Of course my kids have no problem eating tacos the same way on a regular basis however my husband and I need to switch it up every now and then.
Over the weekend, because I took out to many containers a couple nights before, I had leftover taco meat and beans. I decided I would let the kids eat it their usually way but for the grown ups (that’s me and hubs) I would make a leftover taco pizza.
The results were delicious and not to mention the whole recipe (if you have the dough ready) took less than 30 minutes to whip up.
Next time you have some left over taco meat try making this pizza. You will love it! And did I mention this pizza has only around 346 calories for a nice big juicy slice? Yep, you can thank me later 😉
- Fresh pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
- ½ cup taco sauce
- 1½ - 2 cups of taco meat and beans (this is what I had leftover)
- 2 cups shredded taco cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Step 1. Stretch dough onto a 11 x 17 baking sheet.
- Step 2. Spread taco sauce over dough then add taco meat and cheese.
- Step 3. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes depending on your oven.
- Serve with chopped avocado, sour cream, and/or hot sauce (please note this will add calories).
This pizza can be made with leftover taco meat. The pizza dough (if making fresh) can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer. Thaw before using.
Get Instant Access to My Best Weight Loss Tips & Strategies!
Sign up now for a free step-by-step 7-day email course that I created exclusively for my email subscribers! That's you. I will teach the best habits, strategies, and insider tips so you can enjoy a lifestyle that encourages and supports weight loss! Stop relying on willpower and take control back over your life! You can do this. Let me help!