This delicious cranberry orange muffin is filled with tart cranberries and a bright citrusy orange flavor. Each one is topped with a sprinkle of Sugar In The Raw® for that sweet crunchy bite. A perfect muffin to enjoy during the holiday season.
Thank you to Sugar In The Raw® for sponsoring today’s recipe. Sprinkling a little Sugar In The Raw on top brought these cranberry orange muffins to the next level. You can learn more about Sugar In The Raw on their website, Facebook Page, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube. Find Sugar In The Raw in your area by checking their store locator. And don’t forget to grab a Sugar In The Raw coupon before you go shopping. If you want to win 2 lb Bulk Box or 24 oz Bag of Sugar In The Raw, to help with your holiday baking this season, then keep reading!
Holiday baking season is here. Pretty soon I’ll be tapping into my extra willpower reserves trying to fight the urge to eat batches of my mom’s Italian christmas cookies. Sometimes I’m successful but more often I’m not. Just speaking the truth. I don’t think anyone can resist my mom’s Christmas cookies and if you can then you are a stronger person than me and my personal cookie repellent hero.
Anyway, since my mom is the cookie making machine during the holiday season I turn my baking to muffins. Muffins are a good way to get in my baking cravings without stocking my kitchen with cookies and treats. I can filled them with wholesome ingredients while still providing a sweeter treat for my kiddos. It’s a win win.
These festive cranberry orange muffins are perfect for the holiday season. With each bite you get fresh orange flavor and tartness from the cranberries. For added sweetness I tossed in some white chocolate chips and finished the muffins with a sprinkle of Sugar In The Raw on top before they went into the oven. Oh my gosh! Who knew a little of Sugar In The Raw could result in such a delicious muffin. This honestly made the perfect bite. In the future, many of the muffins I make will enjoy an extra sprinkle of Sugar In The Raw. It’s a great way to add a little something extra without a lot of calories. Scrumptious.
Let’s talk more about the recipe.
I started with white whole-wheat flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
For the wet ingredients I first mixed together 1 egg and 1/2 cup of Sugar In The Raw. With some of my muffin recipes I will use less sugar but because fresh cranberries are so tart I felt it needed a little extra sugar to balance that.
After, I mixed the egg and Sugar In The Raw together I stirred in the plain greek yogurt (you can use vanilla or orange flavor too) and pure vanilla extract.
After I mixed that up I stirred in the melted coconut oil and milk.
Then I poured the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and gave it a couple stirs.
Last, I slowly stirred in the white chocolate chips, cranberries, orange zest, and orange juice.
I divided the batter among a 12-cup muffin pan. Then I sprinkled a little Sugar In The Raw over top of the muffins. I used about 1/2 tablespoon for that.
Finally, I baked for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. After the muffins were done I let them cool in the pan for about 5 minutes then placed them on a wire rack to finish cooling.
These muffins are perfect for a holiday breakfast gathering or I bet Santa would love a couple to enjoy while making his way around town dropping of presents.
Sugar In The Raw is giving away, to one Organize Yourself Skinny reader, a 2 lb Bulk Box or 24oz Bag of Sugar In The Raw to help with your holiday baking this season. To enter please leave a comment with your favor holiday cookie you would make with Sugar In The Raw. Contest ends December 20th at 5pm Eastern.
Cranberry Orange Muffins #intheraw @intherawbrand
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Sugar In The Raw + 1/2 tablespoon Sugar In The Raw for finishing
- 1 5.3 ounce container plain greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 oranges zest and juice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen or fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl whisk together white whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together egg and sugar until it is creamy. Slowly whisk in the yogurt and vanilla. Next, slowly stir in the coconut oil and coconut milk.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Slowly stir in the cranberries, white chocolate chips, orange juice, and zest.
- Divide batter among a 12-cup muffin pan sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of Sugar In The Raw over the rest of the muffins.
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes. I cooked my muffins for 15 minutes and they turned out great. Try not to overcook.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of In The Raw via RhythmOne. The opinions and text are all mine.