Every busy person needs to have a library of easy recipes – especially on those nights when you don’t want to cook anything but you also don’t want to order take out either. These black bean and chicken tostadas are that kind of recipe. Well kind of. It only becomes complicated if you don’t have the chicken ready ahead of time. Good thing that is easy to do when you have a batch of Mexican shredded chicken in the freezer. To bring up the easy factor a couple more notches I used canned re-fried beans. Of course, you can easily substitute homemade re-fried beans if you have them. Here is a delicious re-fried beans recipe I made last year or so.
From start to finish these tostadas took about 20 minutes. They were super tasty and easily adaptable using ingredients you have on hand.
Before going into the broiler.
After they are done and dressed up.
- 4 small corn tortillas
- 1 cup refried black beans
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 cup shredded Mexican chicken
- ½ cup shredded taco cheese
- 1 avocado, diced
- Plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- hot sauce to taste * optional
- Turn broiler on
- In a microwave safe bowl warm up the re-fried black beans, about 1-2 minutes. After the beans are warmed stir in 2 tablespoons of salsa.
- On each tortilla spread ¼ cup re-fried bean mixture, ¼ cup shredded chicken, and 1 tablespoon shredded cheese. Place tortillas on a baking sheet and broil until the cheese is melted, 3-5 minutes
- Top each tortilla with ¼ of the avocado, cilantro (to taste), lettuce, dollop of greek yogurt, and hot sauce if using.
Get Instant Access to My Best Meal Prep Tips & 20 Delicious Make-ahead Recipes!
Sign up now to receive your FREE ecookbook that I created exclusively for my email subscribers! That's you!