Creamy overnight oats flavored with pumpkin and chocolate and then top with tart cranberries and crunchy pecans. Absolutely delicious!
Nothing says fall like pumpkin. Yes I’m one of those pumpkin obsessed people that’s first in line at Starbucks on October 1st waiting for my Pumpkin Spice Latte (skim milk no whip please). Fall is my favorite time of year and I savor everything it brings.
Over the last few weeks I shared quite a few pumpkin recipes that confirms my love affair with pumpkin. I know I said I was done after sharing my pumpkin spice energy bite recipe last week but I had a craving for some pumpkin overnight oats. A couple years ago I made a standard pumpkin spice overnight oats recipe. It’s good and one of my favorites. This time around I wanted to add a little chocolate along with some pecans and cranberries. Basically, I’m taking pumpkin spice to a new level!
There are 3 flavors/ingredients that can elevate pumpkin recipes and thats chocolate, pecans, and cranberries. Put all of them in one pumpkin recipe and oh mama!
Let’s briefly go through this recipe before I start gushing about how good this is. Because it’s good!
I started with rolled oats, pumpkin pie spice, unsweetened cocoa powderand chia seeds. I stirred it all together. Chia seeds are not 100% necessary in an overnight oats recipe even though you often see this ingredient listed. I’ve made it without chia seeds and it was fine. However, chia seeds gives overnight oats a delicious pudding consistency and also adds more protein and fiber. Basically, chia seeds add a nice nutritional boost to recipes so I recommend picking up a bag.
Then I stirred in the pumpkin, unsweetened coconut milk, and pure maple syrup. I topped the oats with dried cranberries. I chose not to stir them in because I like most of the dried cranberries to be chewy. The ones in the liquid will plum up and hydrate.
Then I place the lid on and stored in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, I stirred in a splash or two of unsweetened coconut milk to loosen the oats up and then topped with chopped pecans and few more dried cranberries.
This pumpkin spice overnight oats recipe with cranberries and pecans was out of this world. Delicious! It was fall in a jar. Truly!
This overnight oats recipe has the perfect balance between pumpkin and chocolate. Neither one over powers the other. The tartness of the cranberries adds a pleasant bite and the pecans give it a crunch that makes this recipe a home run. YUM!
If you are an overnight oats fan, plus obsessed with pumpkin recipes, then make this asap. You will love it!
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ⅛ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- extra coconut milk and/or maple syrup if needed
- In a pint size mason jar container stir together rolled oats, pumpkin pie spice, unsweetened cocoa powder, and chia seeds.
- Stir in the unsweetened coconut milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, and pure maple syrup.
- Sprinkle the cranberries on top, place the lid tightly on, and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove the lid and add a splash or so of coconut milk to loosen up the oats. Add a touch more maple syrup if the oats need additional sweetness.
- Sprinkle pecans and a few more cranberries on top.
- Enjoy cold.
Overnight oats can be made and stored in the refrigerator 3-5 days ahead of time.
Get Instant Access to My Best Meal Prep Tips & 20 Delicious Make-ahead Recipes!
Sign up now to receive your FREE ecookbook that I created exclusively for my email subscribers! That's you!